Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• lizziesmum
    lizziesmum Posts: 49 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2015 at 5:38PM
    JamesN wrote: »
    Hope to see you over there Laura!

Congrats Class2ldn.

Pretty sure I won't be hearing anything now, too late in the day.

I've been told to expect a call back before 9 (not to confirm anything exciting in my case unfortunately) so you never know...
  • TB1987
    TB1987 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So I've had a copy of our valuation through the post today so Halifax have got it! Really hoping we hear before Friday, I can't take waiting all bank holiday weekend and wishing it away. Shopping for our wedding rings this weekend though so that's something to look forward too :)
  • TB1987
    TB1987 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    class2ldn wrote: »
    At last got our offer through from Halifax.
    Well happy :)

Congratulations! Really happy for you :beer:
  • class2ldn
    class2ldn Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks tb1987
  • rcrook
    rcrook Posts: 5 Forumite
    Our survey was completed on Monday the 17th by Colleys (Halifax instructed them), we received a call from the surveyor to say it was done and would be sent to Halifax in a couple of days. We called the surveyor to chase this on Tuesday afternoon (18th)Halifax received it on Wednesday (19th) and then asked for evidence of deposit (again!!!) and we received a call from the broker on Thursday (20th) to confirm we had the mortgage offer and received it in the post on Saturday so they can do it quickly. If you have a contact for the surveyors give them a call and make sure it's gone, that's what you've paid them for 😊
  • So, santander won't write directly to my solicitor to ask for proof of my inheritance as my deposit and the solicitor won't deal with them if they don't.

I've asked santander to write to me with the questions for the solicitor so I can forward them to him and just praying that's OK but it's all taking so long I'm seriously getting to the point where I'm wondering if it's all worth it.
  • Hi everyone

Congratulations on your applications and best of luck to you.

We applied to Natwest through a broker for a help to buy 2 mortgage (5 percent deposit) we got the AIP and submitted the full application on 18th August where the broker said we needed to pay half his fee and the valuation fee.

10 days on and the valuation fee hasn't been taken out of our bank. The broker said it takes 5-7 days with the underwriter but lots of people seem to think the valuation happens first? Can someone confirm or know why the money hasn't gone? Can't help but think it's a bad sign...

Also there are no credit checks from RBS showing up on our credit files though the broker says the credit searches have been done - is this normal?

Lastly, we did have a loan that was submitted with the mortgage application but we have since been able to pay this off in full. We told the broker who said he would let the lender know but that it would not reflect in our credit scores for 30 days. Will the lender still take account of our new financial position?

Apologies for all the questions (I'm new to MSE so hope I have posted in the right place) any information is appreciated.
  • tigzor wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thought I would sign up here as I am currently awaiting a mortgage offer from Principality and needed a fellow members hand to hold!

My timeline thus far:

12/08 - Offer accepted!
    13/08 - Instruct MA
    14/08 - MIP referred / Need to submit full application / Various docs requested
    20/08 - All docs including P60, proof of deposit sent etc
    21/08 - Mortgage commitment fee taken!

And so the wait begins!

Anyone have any idea of the timescales with Principality? Currently requesting a mortgage on the basis of a salary multiple of 4.4.. I take it this is close to their limit?!

Just a quick update on my situation - valuation booked for next week!

Does this mean that my application has gone through the underwriting process? Mortgage app is with Principality.
  • Mrsfox wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Congratulations on your applications and best of luck to you.

We applied to Natwest through a broker for a help to buy 2 mortgage (5 percent deposit) we got the AIP and submitted the full application on 18th August where the broker said we needed to pay half his fee and the valuation fee.

10 days on and the valuation fee hasn't been taken out of our bank. The broker said it takes 5-7 days with the underwriter but lots of people seem to think the valuation happens first? Can someone confirm or know why the money hasn't gone? Can't help but think it's a bad sign...

Also there are no credit checks from RBS showing up on our credit files though the broker says the credit searches have been done - is this normal?

Lastly, we did have a loan that was submitted with the mortgage application but we have since been able to pay this off in full. We told the broker who said he would let the lender know but that it would not reflect in our credit scores for 30 days. Will the lender still take account of our new financial position?

Apologies for all the questions (I'm new to MSE so hope I have posted in the right place) any information is appreciated.

Hi Mrs Fox!

Your situation is similar to ours. We are going through Natwest with the help of a broker. We had an AIP and then full application was sent last Friday. We haven't paid the valuation fee but our broker asked which account we would like this from.

We heard from the broker yesterday that he had spoken directly to our underwriter so I guess that is done first. We had a few outstanding debt that we paid off after my first meeting (on his advice) with our broker which was only two weeks ago. Even though it isn't on your credit file I think they take this into consideration.

I hope this helps!!!

I have been up most of the night worrying!! We won't hear much more now as waiting on our accountant to complete my husbands accounts for this year, which we didn't think we would have to do!!!

Living at my parents house now seems like the easier option :)
  • set
    set Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi

Valuation done Tuesday. Copy of valuation available to view online yesterday. Spoke to broker yesterday and he said lender is currently reviewing valuation. This is torchure!. feel sick to my stomach

Fingers crossed for all those waiting to hear.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback