IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MIL collections CCJ

Options
123457»

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 August 2018 at 1:40PM
    Options
    Bambi82 wrote: »
    Sending the Bailiffs sounds great to me!! wouldn't that be poetic:j

Of course, bailiffs will either collect your money
    including the fee or seize goods to sell.

If this was me, I would send MIL a final warning letter
    giving 7 days notice to pay or without further reference
    to them, you will instruct the courts bailiffs service to
    collect the monies including costs

You are in the driving seat now

And such action can take place against any parking company
    any day, any time, if a court rules they owe you money
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    I still have not heard anything from the courts or MIL collections? And i still have the CCJ on my credit file, MIL collections had 21 days to refund me the set aside costs and that has just passed. Does it take a while to to remove the CCJ? I am going to ring the court on monday but thought i would ask here first to see how long it usually takes.

thanks

The CCJ should be removed from the register more or less immediately. You can find out if it is still on the register via trustonline website.

But the "free" agency's in the main only update on a monthly basis which may explain why you still can see it

If trustonline still shows it get onto the Court!
  • Bambi82
    Bambi82 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    my credit score from the free agency was updated Tuesday and still has it on. I have just checked with trustonline and it says i have no CCJ or defaults at my current address. so checked again at my old address where the CCJ was registered and it still shows COUNTY COURT
    BUSINESS CENTER £235 Unsatisfied Judgment.

I wonder if the court has even contacted MIL? would i have received anything in the post from the court in writing confirming the set aside?

At the hearing the judge said that MIL will be given 21 days to pay which is now up. I'm starting to wonder if they have even been informed about the set aside.

Thanks
  • Quentin
    edited 11 August 2018 at 10:33PM
    Options
    You read #63??

Quentin wrote: »
    ;..If trustonline still shows it get onto the Court!

(No point moaning here - we can't do anything about it except give advise to you what to do! Which you already have been)

You should be getting confirmation of the set aside from the Court - so get on to them about that too
  • Bambi82
    Bambi82 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I have received a copy of a completed N180 form from MIL consenting to mediation now . They are saying i have to complete an N180 my self? and if mediation fails it will go to a hearing at my local court. This thing is never ending!!
  • Quentin
    Options
    What are you going to mediate over??
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have received a copy of a completed N180 form from MIL consenting to mediation now . They are saying i have to complete an N180 my self? and if mediation fails it will go to a hearing at my local court. This thing is never ending!!

So it seems they are proceeding with the claim now - yet they haven't paid the costs the court ordered?

BeamerGuy said earlier:
    If this was me, I would send MIL a final warning letter
    giving 7 days notice to pay or without further reference
    to them, you will instruct the courts bailiffs service to
    collect the monies including costs

You are in the driving seat now

Has your local court sent a letter telling all parties what they must now do and by when? Normally after a set aside, the court orders the Defendant to submit a defence (sometimes after the Claimant is required to file new particulars of claim first) and for the Claimant to have the opportunity to reply to the defence, and pay a hearing fee.

Are you in the dark about what the local court wants? Phone them if you never received a typed copy of the Judge's order, following the set aside hearing, and tell them you are concerned that you may be now expected to file a defence by a date that you have not been told.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure