Ok it's only small but it's worth people knowing about when sending SAR's etc

Comments

• Yes.

Been discussed on here before
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    http://www.crediva.co.uk
    Ok it's only small but it's worth people knowing about when sending SAR's etc

Thanks for that.
    Ill wait to see which lenders use them before I form an opinion
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Ill wait to see which lenders use them before I form an opinion
    I checked their site earlier and discovered they do a statutory report for free. So it is easy enough to find out which credit accounts are listed and who uses them for credit searches. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I checked their site earlier and discovered they do a statutory report for free. So it is easy enough to find out which credit accounts are listed and who uses them for credit searches. :)

All credit reference agencies have to give the statutory report for free now due to GDPR just like a SAR is free.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you would like to request a copy of your Statutory Credit Report, you will need to print our application form, complete and return it to us.
    So its now free, it has to be under GDPR, but they are not making it easy!
    Equifax apply online, view straight away
    Experian apply online, sent a code through the post so can view online (or hardcopy sent)
    callcredit apply online but have to give a credit card number for verification
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Just what we all need, another privatized credit information bureau for lenders to feed data to and from. I also despise the intentionally difficult data retrieval process to entice people to purchase INSTANT access to their "partner" who they undoubtedly receive financial incentives from.

Security doesn't matter in that case people, as long as you pay the £14.99 fee for CheckMyFile, you can access YOUR personal information straight away, without the need to wait for postage under the FREE SAR!
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • sparkey1
    sparkey1 Posts: 444 Forumite
    First Post
    Crediva is not a credit reference agency that reports credit information in the same way as the other three. Ie It wont tell anyone your credit card usage.

It assesses credit, by other means. Examples are

Checks if the subject is on a sanction list?
    Are they a politically exposed person?
    Are they reported as dead?
    It does take court information into account.
    It does take electoral roll data into account

In other words, not the average consumer credit assessment. It wont have a history of late payments on its reports for example.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sparkey1 wrote: »
    Are they reported as dead?
    So anyone who has moved their account away from TSB may want to check then :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure