Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Has anyone had an success stories re compensation for a cancelled flight with stobart air?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    mrs. It really doesn't matter if anyone else has had sucess or otherwise as it has little bearing if any on another claim. Each case is different.
    Generally airlines are reluctant to pay to avarying degree from being very slow to outright active misinformation, procrastination and lies.
    Very rarely does comepnsation get paid quickly.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,734 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Not even making thisa up, was delayed last year with Thomas Cook from Stansted by 5 1/2 hours and got compensation through Resolver (I think it was £320 or £340 each), and delayed on exactly the same flight this year, same time and same day, by 12 hours and just heard we will be getting 400 euros each compensation

You couldnt even make it up... I love Resolver
  • JPears
    Well done, but what a pity Thomas Cook have worsened rather than improved their time keeping.

• longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,734 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    JPears wrote: »
    Well done, but what a pity Thomas Cook have worsened rather than improved their time keeping.

Tell me about it, the mrs was going mad that we'd lost 12 hours of the holiday, until i explained we were getting half the cost of it back, and only losing 12 hours of the holiday. Maths never was her strong point....

Oh, and we are already planning next years holiday on the same flight, so fingers crossed for another few hours sat in the airport :beer:
  • Hi All

I have just used the Revolver site to claim compensation for a flight delay last month. Does anyone know the process of how they issue the compensation? I'm a bit worried as the card that I used to pay for the flights initially is now out of use, so would like Vueling to ask me what account/card to refund to.
  • JPears
    Welcome.
    Some users on here would appreciate a Revolver site to use against the airlines.
    It will usually take months on Resolver website, with the likelihood of achieving little. Some airlines won't even respond to Resolver.

• mrfoxy
    mrfoxy Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello,

So my partner and I have an ongoing compensation case with TAP Air Portugal. My partner filed the complaint with them and we received an e-mail. They agreed our flight was cancelled and we weren't informed and agreed to pay us compensation. So in a following e-mail they said payments can only be made to the passenger, so they asked for either a declaration from both of us for the money to be put into his bank account or alternatively they asked me to send my printscreen of my bank details.

So, I sent them a reply to the e-mail, case number etc with my own print screen of my bank details. So on the 23rd of July, he received his half of the compensation. It's now the 7th of July and I am yet to receive my half of the compensation. Despite two e-mails and two phone calls to the complaints department they have still not sent me my half. I'm left extremely frustrated. The latest phone call, the lady said to ring back Friday if it isn't in.

It's beyond an absolute joke. I'm starting to think I'm not going to get my bit of compensation.
  • peter_333
    peter_333 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    mrfoxy wrote: »
    Hello,

So my partner and I have an ongoing compensation case with TAP Air Portugal. My partner filed the complaint with them and we received an e-mail. They agreed our flight was cancelled and we weren't informed and agreed to pay us compensation. So in a following e-mail they said payments can only be made to the passenger, so they asked for either a declaration from both of us for the money to be put into his bank account or alternatively they asked me to send my printscreen of my bank details.

So, I sent them a reply to the e-mail, case number etc with my own print screen of my bank details. So on the 23rd of July, he received his half of the compensation. It's now the 7th of July and I am yet to receive my half of the compensation. Despite two e-mails and two phone calls to the complaints department they have still not sent me my half. I'm left extremely frustrated. The latest phone call, the lady said to ring back Friday if it isn't in.

It's beyond an absolute joke. I'm starting to think I'm not going to get my bit of compensation.
    In my recent experience, TAP are incredibly slow and useless. I've been waiting just under 12 weeks since I initially filed my claim through their website, and they haven't given me any answer yet.

Can I ask when you first filed your complaint, and hot long it took before you first reply?
  • mrfoxy
    mrfoxy Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    peter_333 wrote: »
    In my recent experience, TAP are incredibly slow and useless. I've been waiting just under 12 weeks since I initially filed my claim through their website, and they haven't given me any answer yet.

Can I ask when you first filed your complaint, and hot long it took before you first reply?

So my partner filed the claim shortly after the cancelled flight. We received a response July 5th. As I said, he's received his half of the compensation but they told him that I need to send them a print screen. I've now done that 3 times and today I've sent a strongly worded e-mail as my patience is running thin.

Odd to me that he received his compensation on the 23rd July and we both sent our IBAN/BIC details on the same date, which was the 16th July. Absolutely ridiculous.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback