Ordered to old address by mistake, residents claim they haven't received anything

Options
13»

Comments

• BenderUK
    BenderUK Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    You can't rely on people's honesty anymore can you...
    This is just so sad the world has come to this stage...
    I'll speak with the seller tomorrow, see what happens :/
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    BenderUK wrote: »
    You can't rely on people's honesty anymore can you...
    This is just so sad the world has come to this stage...
    I'll speak with the seller tomorrow, see what happens :/
    The trouble is, the people at no.18 might be expressing exactly the same sentiment. How do they know you are completely honest and not someone who's involved in credit card fraud getting things delivered to their address with the otherwise plausible backstory that you are the previous resident?

Rather than casting aspersions on other people's honesty, you ought to be looking at your own mistake as the root cause of this problem. Blaming others and questioning their integrity for what was your own carelessness is unfair.
  • BenderUK
    Options
    Don't get me wrong. First thing I was saying is that it is my mistake since I haven't updated my address and I was expressing my mistake at most points. On the other hand if they were honest they would have refused the delivery and not accept it no ? If they suspected it was a fraud they would have refused it in the first place instead of accepting. And since they are renting the house through the same agency as me then they could easily prove/disprove everything :D
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Don't get me wrong. First thing I was saying is that it is my mistake since I haven't updated my address and I was expressing my mistake at most points. On the other hand if they were honest they would have refused the delivery and not accept it no ? If they suspected it was a fraud they would have refused it in the first place instead of accepting. And since they are renting the house through the same agency as me then they could easily prove/disprove everything :D
    Can you prove they accepted the delivery? I don't think you can claim they are dishonest when you are unsure as to exactly what happened.
  • BenderUK
    Options
    Well, the fact there was another delivery by mistake (cheap one so don't care) and they didn't let me know anything about it proves it...
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well, the fact there was another delivery by mistake (cheap one so don't care) and they didn't let me know anything about it proves it...

No it doesn't
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    No, it doesn't. If that's the extent of your "proof", I wouldn't head to court just yet.

By your own criterion of what constitutes dishonesty, I can prove you are up to something because you've made the same delivery "mistake" twice. It's perfectly plausible that you sent the first, cheap item as cover/a foundation for your true, more expensive fraud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure