* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• merry christmas everyone, i hope you are all having a lovely day

happy birthday chrissy
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Hi, can I join too please? I'm interested in how everyone chooses which presents to buy and when you buy them.
    I normally make a list of everyone I buy for and then have a browse (some people's presents are set in stone, my father in laws whisky for instance) and decide what I'm buying and then buy things as I get paid (weekly) I start this around Octoberish but I'm thinking there's room for improvement and I'd welcome everyone's take on how they do things please. :)
  • Hi, can I join too please? I'm interested in how everyone chooses which presents to buy and when you buy them.
    I normally make a list of everyone I buy for and then have a browse (some people's presents are set in stone, my father in laws whisky for instance) and decide what I'm buying and then buy things as I get paid (weekly) I start this around Octoberish but I'm thinking there's room for improvement and I'd welcome everyone's take on how they do things please. :)

Welcome to the thread hopefuldebtfree! Hope that we can help you out with the Christmas present buying. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I would also like to join as long as you don't mind an intermittent poster.. I am hand making presents for next year but need to think about Christmas way in advance. Keeping Christmas alive for the year will help I think.

Happy New Year to you all and here's hoping for a FAB 2019 :D
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Hey id like to join. Next year is going to be a struggle as we get married in September and i expect we'd find it a little tough with finances after.

Hoping for ideas on how to keep costs low and reasonably cheap.
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • bit_by_bit wrote: »
    I would also like to join as long as you don't mind an intermittent poster.. I am hand making presents for next year but need to think about Christmas way in advance. Keeping Christmas alive for the year will help I think.

Welcome bit by bit. We're all intermittent at times as other things happen in our lives - we don't judge here so join in whenever you want to/can!
    apricity wrote: »
    Hey id like to join. Next year is going to be a struggle as we get married in September and i expect we'd find it a little tough with finances after.

Hoping for ideas on how to keep costs low and reasonably cheap.

Welcome apricity. Can see how the wedding (congratulations!) might make finances challenging next year - hopefully you'll get some ideas to help along the way :)
    Hi, can I join too please? I'm interested in how everyone chooses which presents to buy and when you buy them.

Welcome hopefuldebtfree. We natter all year round - not necessarily always about Christmas (don't tell!) but we're not that dangerous really :rotfl: I have a spreadsheet on my computer and on dropbox that I use to note how much I spend and how much I save each year (I'm an accountant so it's a built in nerdy thing I think) then have a note taking app on my phone so that if I see something when I'm out and about or someone mentions something I can make a reminder to look into it as a potential present. If I saw something in the sales right now that would be good then I wouldn't hesitate to buy - just depends on whether you have storage space really. The only things I wouldn't buy this early are electronics etc as you want the warranties.
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Merry Christmas everybody!

Thank you for the new thread 3forholidays. Appreciate the time it takes to set it up x

Welcome to anyone joining us this year. Always welcome. I had the easiest Christmas this year, due to money saving tips and support through the whole year.

I had a lovely Christmas Day with family. Off out today to more family for a Boxing Day dinner. I’ve been spoiled by everyone and feel loved. I do have the usual guilt that I haven’t bought enough for everyone. But I’m trying to work through it.

Hope everyone is well.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Thanks for our shiny new thread 3FORHOLIDAYS.

Welcome BABS, HOPEFULDEBTFREE, BITBYBIT and APRICITY, nice to meet you.:D

Christmas was lovely here. Despite my poor culinary skills the dinner for seven went really well thanks mainly to my minute-by-minute to-do list and in part to Jamie for inspiring me to bake my own tear and share bread for the Camembert. DD2 and DGD went home this morning so it seems very quiet although after a good clean up DH and I are just chilling today. No plans for the rest of the holidays so I’ll try and just take it as it comes although I am fighting the usual urge to get the decs down. Hope everyone had/is having a lovely time. I might start working on some new year’s resolutions.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Thanks for the shiny new thread 3FORHOLIDAYS
    Welcome all newbies we are a lovely bunch on here.

Christmas was ok but I was very ill Christmas Day due to stress but today turned out better. I am hoping next Christmas is back to normal and I can have fun.

On another note I highly recommend the chase card game it was so much fun.
  • bit_by_bit wrote: »

Welcome to the thread bit by bit. I think that real life gets in the way sometimes so we can all be intermittent posters at times. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family