Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    cosh25 wrote: »
    Can't see it on here, but the Monmouthshire BS have a Regular Saver Bond which pays 2.50% for 12 months with a max pay in of £250.

The account can be opened online by residents of England and Wales... if I remember correctly, it used to be postcode dependent? could be wrong.

I've applied online and they say they'll be in touch so will see what happens!

Might open an account just to 'get my foot in the door'. Sometimes handy to be a member for when these Building Societies bring out a 'members only' product.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 August 2018 at 10:54PM
    Can't see it on here, but the Monmouthshire BS have a Regular Saver Bond which pays 2.50% for 12 months with a max pay in of £250.

The account can be opened online by residents of England and Wales... if I remember correctly, it used to be postcode dependent? could be wrong.

This product is still available to apply online

https://www.monbs.com/products/regular-saver-bond/

It has never been post code dependants as I opened this account back in june 2018 and I do not live anywhere near to one of their branches,
  • In a word. No.

Thanks, that is annoying, for my piece of mind I will need to visit a branch again to check balance after first S/O paid. Unless you can ring up and find out the balance on these store accounts.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks, that is annoying, for my piece of mind I will need to visit a branch again to check balance after first S/O paid. Unless you can ring up and find out the balance on these store accounts.
    Yes, you can phone and ask them to confirm the balance and/or whether a specific payment has been received.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite

adindas wrote: »
    This product is still available to apply online

https://www.monbs.com/products/regular-saver-bond/

It has never been post code dependants as I opened this account back in june 2018 and I do not live anywhere near to one of their branches,

It used to be postcode dependent - this changed recently and it now allows any resident of England or Wales. Apologies to those in Scotland or NI. :o

In fact, if you look at SS2's opening post where the Monmouthshire BS Reg Saver is mentioned it states:
    This account can only be opened by new customers who live within the following postcode areas: NP, CF, SA, LD, WR, GL, HR, BS, BA, SN, RG, OX, SY and TA. Existing Society customers may open this account.

We applied a few days ago - was going to post on here once we were all set up but cosh25 beat me to it.

Once you've completed the online form they'll send you a completed application form which you need to sign and date. A cheque is also required for your initial deposit - they won't accept a SO or FP for the initial deposit. They also provide a pre-paid envelope.

A slightly better way to open a BS reg saver (take note YBS). :D
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 August 2018 at 9:48AM

Did this account used to have a conditional bonus?

Under making deposits and withdrawals:
    You can make any number of payments (£20 minimum) up to an overall total of £250 per month per account to a maximum of £3000 over the 12 month period. If you miss any payments you will forfeit the bonus.

I think the terms are supposed to require a minimum deposit of £20 per month but I don't think they've managed to actually stipulate that.
  • How long after applying online did it take to receive paperwork in the post?
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    How long after applying online did it take to receive paperwork in the post?

A family member received theirs within 24 hours of applying via good ol' snail mail. I applied a day before but received mine 3 days after.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • Does anyone know whether the Monmouthshire Regular Saver is a calendar month or monthly from opening. I asked via facebook and the answer was just to ensure that 12 payments are made, so to make a payment every calendar month.
  • Does anyone know whether the Monmouthshire Regular Saver is a calendar month or monthly from opening. I asked via facebook and the answer was just to ensure that 12 payments are made, so to make a payment every calendar month.

I always work on a calendar month. My first deposit was on 29/05 .. next deposit was 01/06. Their leaflet talks about £250 per month with the one sentence which covers it .. 'You can make any number of payments up to an overall total of £250 per month'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure