Getting it together...one £ at a time!

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Not a massive amount to report today - just ticking along really. Paid £7 for a train ticket to work this morning and I do need to buy lunch but I'm planning to just get some soup for £1.50.

I'm having a massage tonight which is coming from a voucher that I received as a gift so I'm looking forward to that a lot!

Just managed to get a couple of really decent paying surveys on PA so my balance is now £11.28 cleared and £6.70 pending. Just £2.02 to go until I can cash out.

Bringing my son to work tomorrow so saving £28 in holiday club fees! It all makes a difference :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Homegrown0
    We have decided to have a BBQ for my son's birthday tomorrow since it'll be such a nice day...£60 later in Costco and we've got what we need. Likely around 15 people to eat so needs must! Also just spent £40 on a wedding present for the wedding that we are going to and will need to keep funds by for spending money on the day. Thankfully we have a lift to and from the venue so don't need to worry about taxis or anything.

I still need to buy a cake and potentially some shoes for this wedding as I have nothing that suits. My sister is going to check to see if she has anything I can borrow although she's half a size bigger than me so maybe not.

I'm so disorganised at the moment (just with the sheer amount that's going on in life right now). I really need to get with the programme!

Days until pay day: 32
    Days until holiday: 7
    Days until son's birthday: 1
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Also £4 today in parking (normally £12 but we get it subsidised) at my work vs £7 in train fares if i were to have taken the train. My son is having a ball hanging at my work today and he's been really good so it's been a smooth day all round. Phew!

I'm so ready for the weekend...
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have just realised this is where you had gone , happy new diary .

The BBQ will be great at least you can guarantee the weather tomorrow. Have a fab weekend and enjoy your hols wherever you are going.

Plus enjoy the wedding, you are a busy lady.
  • Happy New diary Jojo x
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    How was your sons birthday :) xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Homegrown0
    Have just realised this is where you had gone , happy new diary .

The BBQ will be great at least you can guarantee the weather tomorrow. Have a fab weekend and enjoy your hols wherever you are going.

Plus enjoy the wedding, you are a busy lady.
    Yes, busy lady is definitely one way to describe me! We had a fab weekend thanks :) Just trying to catch up now before holidays at the end of the week. After that, I'm blocking all entries into the calendar for the foreseeable - both for financial reasons and for my sanity!
    Happy New diary Jojo x
    Thanks Scott - good to see you in here! :)
    monz wrote: »
    How was your sons birthday :) xx
    It was lovely thanks Monz - we had a BBQ, paddling pool out and family round in the sun. It was perfect and the wee guy had a blast! I actually think they're still recovering from how knackered they were. Hope the house move went well?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Feeling totally frazzled at the moment - got my eldest at home with me this week since schools are finished and I thought he could just hang with me for the week before we go on holiday while I work. Totally underestimated how busy and under pressure I'd be combined with his 'I've no one to play with' boredom. Yesterday was a tense standoff, but I managed to avoid just giving up and sticking him in front of the ipad all day!

Today calls for drastic measures though. I'll see how I go, but I might end up at softplay just so he can tear around and burn off some energy while I work (they have wifi). I'll see how it pans out!

Got so much to do today and tomorrow - packing for holiday, taking son to get hair cut, going to the beautician, getting the house in some kind of order...

I've got £17.13 available and £4.50 pending on OnePoll and it's driving me mad! It's been pending for about 3 days now...Just pay out on me already!

Days until holiday: 2
    Days until pay day: 26
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Oh dear, I've been posting on a diary thinking it was your new diary and it wasn't! I was upset that you had structural damage on your house but it wasn't you and you haven't. :T I only realised this was your diary because you posted on my diary and I looked up who it was!

Subscribing so I don't make that mistake again. Sorry about that :o

Sorry you are frazzled but your holiday is almost here, not long to go :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Homegrown0
    Sorry for the confusion DIA! Was trying to subtly let people know without spilling my guts again and making the new user name etc totally pointless :)

Glad you found me eventually, structural damage free (I hope!).

Yes, the holiday will be here soon enough and I can shut off work for the week and relax. Phew!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport