LonelyRat's (not so lonely) Road to Riches

Comments

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Rachel24 - I'm so useless I haven't checked in on your diary in ages. I'm very absentminded :o Forgive me! Will have a nosey once I'm done writing this.

I do agree with everyone... My foot needs to firmly be put down. Happy that he's off booze for this week at least and am hoping a few days with a clear head will make him think twice about drinking again. I am going to be firm though if he does decide to drink. Just going to take out a certain amount of cash and say that's his lot. If he spends it all he spends it all - not my problem! :o (I'm a pretty passive aggressive bit** aren't i?! :rotfl: happy to be part of this club haha!)

I'm off tomorrow so going to have a look at his CV with him. His dad works as a nurse in the hospital near us and apparently they're hiring porters and it pays pretty well. Was thinking he could maybe go for that for the time being until he figures out what he actually wants to do.

Work was meh today, everyone was excited at getting paid and I was a wee bit jealous of their full time wage... My £714 won't get me very far :o Needed to remind myself that I chose this for a reason and I'm feeling in a good headspace. Wouldn't have the energy to focus on my health (mental and physical) if I was still full time at the moment.

Very, very sunny here again today so got of the train 2 stops early and walked home in the sun. Did 10,097 steps... So only just made it over! Will make up for it tomorrow and try and go on a longer walk. Went with OH's niece to her riding lesson which was fun... She was trotting and trying to get the hang of moving in time with the horse. Was very cute indeed!

Got a new water bottle for work and the gym (joining Monday!) at Tesco today but filled it up and there's a cap bit missing from it so it leaks everywhere. Will attempt to take it back tomorrow but I chucked away the receipt :( They probably won't exchange it for me, but I will try and be brave enough to ask anyway.

Off tomorrow and Saturday which I'm very happy about. Going to be warm and sunny again so will endeavour to be outside as much as possible. Will aim for a long walk and try and sort through some washing. We have a pool in the back garden (which I bought two years ago in a fit of sheer madness - Scottish summer is never long/ good enough to justify a pool!) which needs a clean. OH started it the other day but didn't finish it so hopefully I can persuade him to finish it tomorrow and start filling it up.

Saturday will be weigh in day so will take the train in to town (won't cost anything as I have my season ticket) and go to Boots. Will also pick up my toner and moisturiser while I'm there as they're doing a 3 for 2 offer. Can't decide what I should get two of though... Probably moisturiser. I've made a new spreadsheet for stuff (skin care/ vitamins/ shampoo and bodywash etc) with columns for prices, date last bought and date finished. SO each time I get something I will note the date and see how long it lasts. Hope this will help inform my budget when I'm debt free as currently my budget is basically throw as much as I can at the debt and hope for the best for the rest of the month. Not exactly sustainable or wise :rotfl:

It will be a tight month this month, but then again it always is! Am thinking with me off the booze and OH off it for at least a little while I should have enough of my food/ drink money to make an extra payment to the Santander card. We shall see :o
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • lonelyrat
    Forumite
    Went to sleep with a headache last night and woke up with one today :( am going to have breakfast then go hunting for paracetemol!

90 days
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Hopefully they will just exchange the water bottle for you! :)

Yay for having a pool you can put in the back garden - hopefully you get some use from it this weekend! :)

Love the idea of the spreadsheet :rotfl:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • lonelyrat
    Forumite
    Yeah am quite excited for the pool now! Definitely hadn't discovered MSE when I originally bought it haha :rotfl: OH still sleeping but will wake him up at 2.30 and ask him to sort cleaning it. The cover for it got damaged so going to see if B and Q have a tarp we can peg over it.

Done 2 loads of washing and pegged them out :cool: Just love washing on the line :o Have just put my trainers in the wash as they are bogging so hopefully they'll look lovely and shiny when I get them out.

Went for a walk this morning so have managed my ten thousand. May see if OH wants to go to the Loch with the doggo later on if the weather holds. It's quite warm but not as sunny as I would like. Have checked the weather for tomorrow though and looks like it'll be in the 20's and sunny. Deffo pool weather :cool:
  • onedaysomeday
    Forumite
    Fingers crossed by now your pool is being cleaned ;) very envious, the closest I get to that is an outdoors public pool but they're always so busy and noisy!

Well done for hitting 10,000 already! My car is at home as OH collected me last night and drove down this morning so will be walking home & hopefully hitting 10,000!

Loch sounds lovely & hope weather stays nice for you :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • lonelyrat
    Forumite
    It was quite cloudy but still warm! OH did come to the loch with me with the doggo which was lovely. She just loves puddles though, she's an absolute menace! Every puddle she sees (no matter how small) she needs to roll in. Very messy! Was doing quite well to shout her over whenever she started making a beeline but wanted to show OH something on my phone. As soon as we were distracted it was like she sensed weakness and ran straight for a muddy puddle. She was bogging! Backseat of the car is now less than clean :o Will need to give it a once over later today!

OH did not sort the pool yesterday (my fault though as I was too keen for another walk - ended the day on 14,567 :cool:). I'm heading in to town today about half 7/ 8ish and he has agreed to get up when I go and sort it. Then when I come back we'll jump to B and Q and see if we can get a tarp/ pegs.
    Will not be an NSD as need to get a few bits from Boots, pay for the weight machine (:eek: fingers crossed for me!) and then spend in B and Q. Was also going to walk to B and Q from the train station via Asda and print out the photos for OH's birthday gift.

89 days
  • lonelyrat
    Forumite
    So I was potentially too keen to get going today... Shopping centre that Boots is in doesn't open until 9 :rotfl: Have just gone into a supermarket and got a bottle of water and am now sitting outside in the sun. Not the end of the world :o
  • lonelyrat
    Forumite
    Lost 2.2 kg. So I've lost just over a stone in total which feels nice. Just another 2 or 3 to go :o Need to keep motivated... Did 14,894 steps today and will aim for ten again tomorrow.

Got what I needed in Boots so am set for skincare for the foreseeable future. Cut my hair this evening as well - now 4 inches shorter. Am still wanting to chop it all off but will save that for in a few months time.

OH sorted the pool, hallelujah! Went to Argos as well and got some chlorine and other stuff for it to try and keep it clean. Didn't actually go in the pool today though :( by the time OH was done it was quite cloudy but have popped the tarp on and will go in next time it's sunny/ warm.

Do not want to go to work tomorrow. I'm not sure why but I'm full of dread about it. I had a cry in the shower earlier and I'm not sure why exactly. I do feel quite positive and happy about the changes I'm making to myself/ my life so no idea where the tears came from.

Chin up :o
  • onedaysomeday
    Forumite
    Wow massive congrats on the stone weight loss :T:T:T:T
  • lonelyrat
    Forumite
    Thanks Onedaysomeday :o Am very, very tempted to get a baked potato and cheese for dinner but dread to think how many calories would be in one! Going to stay strong and maybe reward myself later in the week if I do well.

Braved the gym today! Signed up through work and got the first month for free and no joining fee! Friend from work signed up last week and had to pay £19.99 upfront so I'm feeling pretty jammy with me £0 :rotfl: Have added the £9.99 into my spreadsheet as of next month.

Got in for 7 am but don't think it was long enough as didn't manage to do everything I wanted. Couldn't find the chest OR the shoulder press and felt a bit like a lemon peering at everything... Am still feeling good that I went and I didn't have a nervous breakdown so that's always nice.

Managed 15,458 steps yesterday and am on 9,000 today. Should make ten as am going to go to ASDA and get OH a pizza for dinner.

Bought some Epsom salts and a wee washing up tub yesterday and gave my feet a soak which was really nice. Just shut my eyes with my feet in the warm water for a while and tried to switch off my brain (not always easy :o) I really, really, really, really miss having a bath.

Am feeling quite stressed out money-wise. I know I'm nearly there BUT it's just feeling really tough right now and I don't know why.

87 days
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family