Affected by the VW emissions issue? The deadline to join a lawsuit is approaching - MSE News

Comments

• My daughter had this done to her car and it does not run the same . It also caused other damage as with others and she had a large garage bill.
  • What have you decided as my daughter also affected?
  • The above link does not work!
  • minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    motorguy wrote: »
    Sorry but this is nonsense. I'd a Golf TDI and a Passat TDI over this timeframe and no issues at all with resale. I still have access to trade auction sites and over that time diesel VWs were regularly making over book price.

it definitely did. i managed to get a nearly new A4 for £6000 less than its book trade price. from an audi dealer! which im happy with! hence not being bothered with claiming as i saved there! and its still worth more than what i bought it for 18 months later! ;)

.. i remain unconvinced by that, but noone forced anyone to do the upgrade anyway.

Well i did have a Seat Exeo Tdi as a company car. it was recalled for software update. got it back and it didnt accelerate as it did before. fuel economy went from average 50 to 60mpg down to 30 to 40. i also had an A3 Tdi car for the wife. which i didnt have the update put on. and ran much better. so i could compare.
    VW advised to have software updated. and that messed the car up. and they wont put it back to original setting. so frankly there a claim just there.
    when i handed the car back to work they tried to part ex the car for another. Garage wouldnt take it at all. now its become a pool car for the office.

It affected the VW Group market, yes, but frankly not one !!!! do i give if their profits were down a bit for a while or if they didnt sell quite so many cars.

same here, dont care myself about it. actually benefited by it really. hence not being bothered about this claims nonsence.
  • My car was affected - So I had the software update, after driving the same commuting route every day for over a year - I easily noticed the jump up in fuel usage that same week, mpg dropped, and then a week later the DPF light came on. Had it cleaned out, another 2 weeks later light came back on..fixed again, then a few weeks later the light came back on, the car died and had to have it towed to the garage. I had to pay around £700 for a brand new DPF filter & fix to get back on the road. They claimed I must have changed my style of driving which is why the filter kept getting blocked up...I hadn't, at all. They put all the blame on me, but it just seems too coincidental....
  • reeac
    reeac Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As someone who has never owned a diesel car of any make I feel that I'm more deserving of compo than VW owners. I've had to breathe in the excessive noxious fumes emitted by these cars and yet have paid the higher VED and fuel bills associated with petrol cars. In the early days of diesel cars I could detect one up ahead by smell before I could identify it by appearance and even now, with all the current emissions regulations, I still see occasional sooty outputs. Get real.
  • The link doesn't work.

Question - As a result of the scandal (it was), is it now harder to sell a used VW group diesel car ? Has the value of such cars dropped as a reuslt of the bad press?

yes and yes

I look forward to receiving compensation as a result.

bye
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    The link doesn't work.

Question - As a result of the scandal (it was), is it now harder to sell a used VW group diesel car ? Has the value of such cars dropped as a reuslt of the bad press?

yes and yes

I look forward to receiving compensation as a result.

bye

Please show us proof of these claims. (And I don't mean links to Slater & Gordon or the other solicitors involved in the class action).
  • owenjt
    owenjt Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My only concern with this is the potential costs should VW win.

I'm not personally bothered by Slater and Gordon taking 30% of the compensation if they win and it's obviously no win, no fee.

The issue for me is if VW win, claimants could be responsible for some costs. Apparently this would happen only in exceptional or extremely unlikely circumstances, but it's still a concern.
  • Is this upcoming deadline due to the statute of limitations?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure