LPG Domestic Fuel

There is a lot of talk about saving money with mains gas suppliers. But what about rural users who do not have access to mains gas supply.
I use LPG for my central heating and hot water, I continually have to haggle with my suppliers over prices (per/litre). I have trawled the www looking for some sort of LPG users association or group and there isn't one. As a user of LPG you are at the mercy of the suppliers. OFGAS or whatever they call themselves are not interested.
1) do you know of an LPG users group
2) how can the suppliers prices be monitored by an agency similar to OFGAS

Rory

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    In full agreement with Rory. There must be a way to break this arrangement of suppliers and get some market forces to operate. I would appreciate Rory if you would advise me on what you were able to achieve.
  • The domestic LPG trade is under investigation by the O.F.T
    it will last two years ;D
  • pak2
    pak2 Posts: 74 Forumite
    I have discussed this regarding oil in a previous nick.

Best thing u can do is club 2gether with neighbours, and try and order together, to minimise the suppliers costs and maximise your savings.

If they don''t budge on price then all order from the same company for different delivery dates.  they may understand u have a point after that

Pak

For a list of LPGA companies

http://www.lpga.co.uk/

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2004, 8:08pm by chubbybrown4real »
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
  • We are on LPG and have just received a letter from the supplier (calor) putting the price up to 31.5p per litre plus VAT. Any money saving experts out there have any experience of changing suppliers ?
    I have a quote from BP Gas offering lpg at 20p per litre but there are strings
    thanks..................
  • Bp will probably tie you in for two or three years,its a long time if your boiler goes bang.
    how large is your tank ?
    also these companies have 'surcharges' just now that are not included usually when quoting for new business.
    the lpga have info on other suppliers.
    Depending on your use and tact,your supplier have been known to reduce if being threatened by another LPG company.
    also take a telemetry unit and get 100 day holiday on tank rental.

chubbles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport