Bankruptcy of 6 years ending

Options
Hi my bankruptcy ends on the 9/7/18. That will of been the complete 6 years done. Will the order literally drop off or do I ring them? Also will it be off on the 10/7/18 or in August ??

Thanks

Comments

• A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    You don’t need to today anything, it will be gone by 10/7. You might want to check all the default dates are correct. They should all come off at the same time.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't forget that whilst it will be gone off the CRA it will show up if a bankruptcy search gets done, e.g banks like santander will not give you a mortgage if you have ever been bankrupt, no matter how long ago. You should get a letter confirming that you have been discharged, but you may want to contact them to get one, just in case you need to prove it as theoretically it can be longer before you get discharged.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 April 2018 at 5:53PM
    Options
    You should of been discharged after one year.

Discharge will usually happen automatically on the anniversary of your bankruptcy. You won't be sent any confirmation, but you can get proof by asking the official receiver for a confirmation letter, or by asking the court for a Certificate of Discharge (there is a £70 fee for this).

It takes 6 years to come off your credit file in total.

The information will drop off your file automatically.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Jamgeorge
    Jamgeorge Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Hi yes I got discharged after 9 months. The order was made 9/7/12 so it should all stop if the CRA 9/7/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure