Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm tired, but not feeling sleepy. And not feeling in the best mood either. Positively grumpy, in fact. Grumptiousness and gloominessess are found in abundance at the present moment.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sending hugs to chase away the grumps! xxx
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    I'm tired, but not feeling sleepy. And not feeling in the best mood either. Positively grumpy, in fact. Grumptiousness and gloominessess are found in abundance at the present moment.

Grumptiousness! What a brilliant word that is:T. Plenty of that around here too at the moment:o. I don't think this cold, damp and dull weather helps much either. Here's to us both feeling full of the joys of spring very soon:beer:.

I had a phone call from SIL last night to say the earliest date they could get for the cremation is Wednesday, 14th March, exactly a month from the day my brother passed away! That seems an unbearably long wait but apparently there are so many more people dying during the winter months that there is a backlog.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you both! Yes, a little bit better now, some talking helps, but this week is going to be very up and down. We've also tagged on a trip to London, to see the nephew whose wife is pregnant with their first baby, and my brother wants to take a chain saw to my garden (understandable! He worked like crazy on the laurel hedge last year) - its all a bit much for me, I think ...

Off soon to get my rail ticket printed, and pop into supermarket for a few last minute bits, and I won't do much more, though I *have* to clean some of the ravages of time from the bathroom :o

CBC - that really is such a long time, isn't it, I'm sorry to hear it - and sorry for the reason too. My mum died on the 9th December, and we had the funeral on 20th December - but people who died a few days after her were having their funeral in January :( Everything seems to be backlogged, nothing is straightforward any more ... hope you can take care of yourself.

xxx
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Done the rail ticket and the shopping, took me a while to warm up, but nice and cosy now. All's well, except I still have to pack, oops.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope you have a good time, taking things at your own pace.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »

Sorry to hear this :(
    I blame the time of year:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So sorry you've got the glums Karma and hope you feel better soon.
    Your helpful brother sounds lovely :)
    Take care xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you lovely peeps, I'll see you next week :kisses3:

All should be well with the house, as the newly-retired bloke over the road is keeping an eye out for me.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope that all goes well and not too wearying.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback