Travelling On

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hope you're feeling better Karma.

I've got the smallest amazon fire which was £29 on Black Friday and is often on offer at £35 if you keep an eye out. You can use it as a kindle but also for email, internet etc. I also download music , TV programmes and films onto it when I'm travelling. I couldn't be without mine and its just brilliant value for money. Don't know much about kindles so not sure how they compare.
    When I was looking to buy I looked on eBay and broken kindles for repair were selling for £15+:eek: so you might be able to raise a few quid on your old one.

Have a lovely weekend xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks PP - I feel okay, but I want some fresh air, and standing in the garden breathing isn't going to do it :o so I'm going to have to get dressed to going-out standard :o

Interesting about Fire! I've managed to delete about a gigabyte of stuff - I thought I had the 8G, but its 16G :eek:. I may have to delete some of the books-in-waiting too :rotfl:its speeded up a very little, but there was a loose wire poking out a while ago, I do just think its broken somewhere. Between that and my phone, I'll be fine while laying about :D but I may have to buy an extension tab even for the new kindle if there is such a thing.

Good to know I could recoup some dosh by selling the old one - I've found the "reset to factory" button, so thats fine.

Faffing with the kindle is the only thing I've done from my list, and I'm not sure thats accomplished very much :( I'm going for a walk, even if its only round the block, thats got to be better than sitting in front of too many screens :(

Have a good'un.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Hi, KC, you are getting a good mix of 'doing' days and relaxing days. At least you can work at your own pace now, and don't have pesky work getting in the way.

I also just wanted to leave my best wishes to CBC
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Goldie :) Today has mostly been an "I can't be bothered" day I'm afraid, but I used that to go for a walk, and a bit later to do a good half hour in the garden, rescuing my mature blackcurrant plant from long grass and brambles.

I should also be making admin phone calls for next week, and I can't be bothered to do that either :o

The kindle is weird - I've deleted everything I intended to delete, and *all* the books have disappeared, but it still says its storing them somewhere. Switched on and off a few times, nothing doing. I might just take it back to factory settings after all, and we'll see.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    The kindle is weird - I've deleted everything I intended to delete, and *all* the books have disappeared, but it still says its storing them somewhere. Switched on and off a few times, nothing doing. I might just take it back to factory settings after all, and we'll see.

Your books are stored in your account "in the Cloud". You are only deleting/add books for that device. Your sum total of books accessible remains unchanged.

If you're selling it, put it to factory defaults. You don't want people ordering books as you.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,826
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Nothing wrong with a can't be bothere day, KC, especially as it doesn't sound like it was particularly. Hope you enjoyed the sunshine on your walk.

Nothing guilty pleasure about our love of Death in Paradise here... it inspired our holiday last year! And now we spend episodes trying to work out where things were filmed while enjoying a planteur (fruit punch, complete with very rough rum!)! :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,608
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    <sneaks in sheepishly>

I'm so sorry, I've only just realised you had a new diary :o Figured you must be off enjoying yourself or something :o :rotfl:

Anyway, :hello:
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I have "can't be bothered" weeks!! Glad you are having a relax when you need/want to.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,812
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Your cant be bothered day is way better than one of mine :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Somes a quiet, do nothing day is desperately needed! Hope you're feeling better.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback