* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning :)

Still feeling lousy, doctor has put me on duloxotine for the pain with a casual 'try and get through the first 5 days as you might feel nauseous' Took one last night before bed, woke up all through the night in so much pain and then wide awake 6am thinking 'I don't feel good'. Really really feel washed out and the nausea comes and goes. I do NOT like these tablets at all but will try and stick it through the 5 days until the nausea is supposed to wear off (Lying DH who was also prescribed them said 'oh yeah, you only suffer with about 20 mins of nausea on them' lies I tell you! lies!!!)

Vulpix your jam sounds lovely, I would love to try something like that, unfortunately I did not inherit my fathers green thumb in any way shape or form! I even managed to nearly kill a cactus and had to donate it too my parents to bring it back from the brink :rotfl:

Worst and best present:

Worst was actually a birthday present but was so bad I think it qualifies. A so called 'friend' took a photo of me and put it in a cheap silver frame that had a picture of a dog and the word woof underneath for my 18th. I gave it back to her and walked away.

best present was from my DH, he was never the best at presents and did tend to buy me things that he wanted that he knew i'd say no too, like a DVD player when they first came out (I had never wanted one and had said no numerous times to the rediculous price tag so I got one for my birthday because he thought 'I would like it' *rolls Eyes*). Anyway, I have a huge love of crafting and about 6 years ago (15 years we had been together so I was used to the fake prezzies lol) he gives me a big square gift, I open it up and its a four tier storage box for all my craft things, each drawer comes out and has a lid so you can use them seperately. No word of a lie, I cried. Best present ever.

Second best, DS follows his dad in the present department if he can actually be bothered to get one :rotfl:, last christmas he nicked one of my photos off FB of me, him and his sister, printed it off at boots and put it in a frame. That was really special as 1) I have very few pictures of me with the kids as I normally hold the camera, and 2) it was the first time he'd thought about and gone out to get a present for me, normally he sticks his name on the gift his sister buys.
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I have not been on for a while. Real life has been busy and frustrating.

Was my birthday yesterday so just had a nice relaxing day. Still on keto so I did not have any cake, the kids enjoyed it though. We are going for a family meal at the weekend.
    Ordered a play-doh art advent calendar for DD, was supposed to be £20 and was reduced to £5. Will stash it away for the elf to bring on the 1st December. It will soon be here.

I will catch up properly and comment over the weekend
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Belated Happy Birthday 0462, so sorry I missed it. I blame FREE for not being on here as she normally does the birthday posts first :D Hope you enjoy the family meal at the weekend. :bdaycake:_party_
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Crumbs,I rely on Free too.

Happy Birthday 0462 xxxxxxxx

jakes Mum,just buy fruit when its cheap to make jam.It tastes so much nicer than shop bought.Home made lemon cheese is just divine.

Your virus sounds dreadful and the tablets nearly as bad.My husband has been to the same school of gift giving as your husband. Now I say that if it costs more than a tenner he has to ask my eldest daughter if he can buy it!

I know I am ungrateful but my MIL spends so much money on gifts and I have never liked one yet. The pan scrubs are things of legend in these parts.

We are off to the seaside next week for the day as DD2 has her last exam tomorrow.She just has a couple of weeks before she starts her new job in tandem with her old job which finishes in September.

I am doing a mystery tour which will take in an ice cream farm on the way to the seaside.We will meet up with some friends who live in Lincolnshire for dinner.I don't think we should try to have an actual holiday at the moment because of MIL. Where are you off to on hols peppa?

Vx
     :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Very quiet here, all must be enjoying the weather :)

House of Fraser has Baylis & Harding little gift set for £1, reduced from £6, beware the delivery charge though. I bought a few as tokens & a few other bits as gifts for the Egyptian mob :D

Have written a shopping list as going to make the first cake tomorrow, hopefully once that is done, will get the motivation to start on the rest of them.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Gettingtherequickly thanks for the tip off about the baylis and harding sets. Just ordered 5 of those, a little Grace Cole set of three body wash baubles and the £2 Baylis gift set. Including postage just short of £15. Make nice little extra stocking fillers
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    First Christmas present has been purchased! An artist I follow on Twitter was having a sale in her shop and I spotted a nice jug reduced to £8 from £20 with one of her images on it. Purchased that for Mum, although her birthday is 2 and a half weeks before Christmas so if I'm struggling for ideas I might need to swap it to a birthday gift XD

Either way, first purchase done! Youngest sister is hopefully going to university in September, once she gets her results I'll be making her a box of things to take like a USB stick, Neurofen, hair elastics, tissues and some other bits and bobs. Made one for our other sister when she started so just a case of tweaking some of the things I bought last time.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    House smells yum:D:D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PIP forms completed just got to find and copy a shed load of evidence to support all of Dds issues .

Christmas wise mam & dad are finished and will be wrapped by the end of the week . Had a chat with hubby and he's agreed not to over spend on gifts theres very little either of us needs . I have bought him trainers that he wanted and will get a few other bits . Dd's advent is sorted all bought and wrapped .

We are looking into going out for Christmas day lunch but its difficult finding somewhere that will do a tradittional meal alongside fish and chips for Dd , im waiting to hear back from a local pub to see if they can accomodate us .
  • girlinayellowdress
    girlinayellowdress Posts: 636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 June 2018 at 3:27PM
    Options
    I really need to get back posting on here. I do read but my real life has been so mundane that I have not had the inspiration. So I had a palaver and a half with work in the garden, it has all been re-done. My second ds is just moving to London for a fresh start after he had a couple of bad years as some of you will know (I shall still be worried sick). Youngest ds is still plodding along, he is managing short walks with his frame and enjoying the peace and quiet now we have moved.
    As for Christmas it has been pretty rubbish the past couple of years. Hopefully this will be the first settled one this year as last year we were still reeling from the move. As it is just youngest ds and myself I think I will let him organise it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure