ESE Solar Panel Free Health Check

Comments

• They must be reading the forums as I received a letter this week and the issues discussed on this and previous topics in here have been addressed.
    The greengrocers apostrophe has gone, their email address and postal address are shown.
    Anyway, you guys confirmed my suspicions and it's off in the recycling 👍
  • Received similar letter to other people from ESE, offering a system check.
    Contacted the original installer of my panels and he said it was a scam and my equipment didn't need a health check. I've reported the company to MCS and binned the letter. Suggest anyone getting this letter does the same.
  • Thank goodness I saw this forum! Ese are due to arrive today to 'install a modifier' to my static inverter for £2300,which will save my panels from 'blowing'!!! B××××××s!
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Good job but what on earth is a modifier and what is it supposed to do and with respect, why did you ever give them the time of day for that sort of money - half the cost of a new system at today's prices?

Just curious, not critical
  • Lindagreenacre
    Lindagreenacre Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 September 2018 at 8:11AM
    We apppear to have had identical letter to the original poster. It makes no sense as it is nothing to do with our original supplier of solar panels. I think the best thing to do is bin it.
    I have looked at the invoice from our installer and the warranty is for 10 yr product warranty, 12yr warranty at 90% and 25 yr warranty at 80%, by an insurance company.
    Anyway, with the lovely summer we have had and the FIT payments received, I think we can manage without ESE.
  • Hi
    Contacted the RECC "The Renewable Energy Consumer Code" about the letter I received a few days ago from ESE. They have been held up about this before for non compliance rules.
  • Ese, cods wallop newts for free . Just another scam
  • I have just got my letter in the post today!
    I wonder if they are getting our Homeowner addresses from google earth ?
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    That's not impossible, though I have had mine but street view pictures don't show my panels yet, while the satellite view does. They could still find the address but it's quite a lot of work for potentially little gain. But who knows???
  • pinnks wrote: »
    That's not impossible, though I have had mine but street view pictures don't show my panels yet, while the satellite view does. They could still find the address but it's quite a lot of work for potentially little gain. But who knows???

It looks as if Google Earth could be the source. We are ex-directory and off the public electoral roll. The letter we received was addressed to 'The home-owner'. Google Earth satellite view clearly shows our panels but they are hidden on street view.

Dave F
    Solar PV System 1: 2.96kWp South+8 degrees. Roof 38 degrees. 'Normal' system
    Solar PV System 2: 3.00kWp South-4 degrees. Roof 28 degrees. SolarEdge system
    EV car, PodPoint charger
    Lux LXP 3600 ACS + 6 x 2.4kWh Aoboet LFP 2400 battery storage. Installed Feb 2021
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback