When Banks don't Act on FOS Findings

Comments

• Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Called TSB today, again they affirm they cannot talk to me as my case is with FOS.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Cotta wrote: »
    I'm thinking of giving TSB until the end of November, that should be long enough to sort out the outstanding issues.
    Cotta wrote: »
    Called TSB today, again they affirm they cannot talk to me as my case is with FOS.
    I can understand your desire to talk to TSB directly and set your own deadlines, but as they'd already told you that they'll only deal with FOS on this, I don't think you have any choice other than to leave it to FOS to resolve, unless you want to fully take back control of the whole thing yourself and dispense with FOS completely, which I'd have thought would put you right back to square one....
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,213 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    eskbanker wrote: »
    I can understand your desire to talk to TSB directly and set your own deadlines, but as they'd already told you that they'll only deal with FOS on this, I don't think you have any choice other than to leave it to FOS to resolve, unless you want to fully take back control of the whole thing yourself and dispense with FOS completely, which I'd have thought would put you right back to square one....
    Yes, but the FOS is asking Cotta to do this:

"They’ve confirmed that your account is registered for telephone banking and all you need to do is call the telephone banking department on 0345975878 for them to re-issue to the passcode. I’m aware that when you previously called them you were told that they were unable to speak to you due to you having an open complaint with our service. I’ve spoken to TSB about this and they’ve confirmed that this shouldn’t have happened, and notes have been put on your account stating that once you call in to request the passcode, they’ll re-issue it without further delay."

The only way the passcode is going to be re-issued is direct. The Adjudicator can't request this to pass on to Cotta. Hence the impasse.

Cotta, did you mention that there was a note on your account overriding the usual instruction to refuse to deal with anyone who has a complaint in with the FOS?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 November 2018 at 2:26PM
    masonic wrote: »
    Yes, but the FOS is asking Cotta to do this:

"They’ve confirmed that your account is registered for telephone banking and all you need to do is call the telephone banking department on 0345975878 for them to re-issue to the passcode. I’m aware that when you previously called them you were told that they were unable to speak to you due to you having an open complaint with our service. I’ve spoken to TSB about this and they’ve confirmed that this shouldn’t have happened, and notes have been put on your account stating that once you call in to request the passcode, they’ll re-issue it without further delay."

The only way the passcode is going to be re-issued is direct. The Adjudicator can't request this to pass on to Cotta. Hence the impasse.
    Yes, agreed, but I formed the impression (from the first of the posts I quoted) that Cotta's call to TSB was with a view to setting resolution deadlines for the whole thing rather than simply sorting out a relatively minor administrative matter - happy to be corrected if wrong though!

Edit: corrected and wrong, as below!
  • Cotta
    Apologies I should have clarified, it was just to get my pin for phone banking.
  • masonic
    Cotta, did you mention that there was a note on your account overriding the usual instruction to refuse to deal with anyone who has a complaint in with the FOS?
    Perhaps you missed this question Cotta. It's one thing refusing to deal with you because you have an open case with the FOS, but refusing to comply with a note on your account is another matter entirely. So what was their response to that?

Did you take the name of the person you dealt with, so you can refer them for retraining?
  • Cotta
    Perhaps you missed this question Cotta. It's one thing refusing to deal with you because you have an open case with the FOS, but refusing to comply with a note on your account is another matter entirely. So what was their response to that?

Did you take the name of the person you dealt with, so you can refer them for retraining?

No note on the file according to the Agent although they did concede that the note could be on a different system but they would not have access to this.
  • masonic
    Wow, you'd think by this time the FOS would be in touch with someone at TSB who actually knew how their systems worked.
  • Cotta
    Wow, you'd think by this time the FOS would be in touch with someone at TSB who actually knew how their systems worked.

I think I'm just going to advise of what happened today and that today TSB's accounts were down and wait for their responses, it's all out of my hands and unlikely to be resolved by the end of this year.
  • Cotta
    Just got the following update from FOS.

Dear Cotta,

Thank you for your update on 17.11.18. I am sorry that TSB were unable to issue the PIN to you, I have emailed them to find out what to do next.

They have advised that as the debit card and PIN were issued to the incorrect address this has now been blocked.

On the subject of the online issues we cannot force them to correct this it's a waiting game and it could be early 2019 before there is a resolution. On the screenshot you supplied on 17th, TSB are unsure what is causing this issue.

I note that you have still not provided a figure for what compensatory amount you will be seeking. As advised before a final figure will not be accumulated until after the issues are resolved but a figure now would be beneficial.

Kind Regards
    FOS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family