Cahoot holding me to pay off full amount on card

2»

Comments

• Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Seems to me Cahoot don't want to improve their messaging about this.
    To be fair to Cahoot, this point is covered in the following FAQ:

"How do I pay my cahoot credit card bill online?
    1. To set up a Direct Debit, select the 'Credit Cards' tab from the top menu, and choose the 'Set Up/ Amend Direct Debit' link from the left-hand menu. This may take a few days to complete, so please allow plenty of time before the payment is due. If you need to make a payment immediately, use the instructions below to make an immediate payment."

http://helpcenter.cahoot.com/_layouts/15/HelpCenterMulti/FaqDetail.aspx?pregId=185
  • arewebeinghad
    arewebeinghad Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 18 November 2018 at 12:26AM
    The point I was making referred to the messaging on the page where you actually amend your Direct Debit. Of course this should be covered in terms and conditions. But not something you would expect to trawl when you want to make a simple amendment. Indeed the faq referenced above does not mention the case when you want to reduce the amount of the direct debit that I referenced in this post, and the fact that this cannot be done once the statement has been issued, even if given weeks ahead of when the payment is due. The very issue I think needs highlighting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure