Talk Money Week: 12th – 18th November 2018

FIN0190-NM-Desktop-Billboard-970x250-A-VIS-v1.gif
Monday 12th November 18 is the start of Talk Money Week #TalkMoney

The goal of this very first Talk Money Week is to turn talking about money from one of the UK’s least favourite topics of conversation into something that becomes as natural and familiar as talking about the weather.

We've started some conversation topics in the forum and hope to get people chatting about money (because it's something a lot of us avoid or find difficult!).

This thread is part of a Hub post aimed at helping people new to personal finance start a conversation on it. It’s aimed at newbies, so please be patient with anyone posting on here.

Monday – Debt

Have you ever hidden a debt from your family? How did you deal with it? How did you talk to your family about it? What tips do you have for others who are hiding debt?

Tuesday – Credit

Have you ever had to borrow money to get to the end of the month just to pay for essentials like food, gas or electricity bills or even the mortgage? What tips would you give to someone in that situation?

Wednesday – Retirement

How much do you think you’ll need to save up to retire on? How close are you that goal? Do you wish you started earlier?

Thursday – Savings

If you were to lose your job tomorrow, how long would your savings last you? Does it worry you?

Friday – Children

What kind of things do you find your children pestering you for? How do you deal with it? Any tips?

Break a taboo for Talk Money Week.

A key part of financial wellbeing is having those conversations about money you’ve been meaning to (or have been avoiding). Why not make a pledge below to have a conversation about money this week? Support others and share your stories through the daily discussion threads above.
#TalkMoney
Verified Company
I am a verified representative of Money Advice Service. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure