at Risk of Redundancy

friendlystu
friendlystu Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 8 February 2019 at 5:09PM in Redundancy & redundancy planning
Hi

I'm new to the forum so just wanted to get some questions out of the way.
I've worked for the company for 3 and half years and now I'm facing risk of redundancy due to "Downturn in sales and economic uncertainty regarding Brexit"

My line manager has advised me of my consultation period beginning today and ending on the 11 March where a decision will be reached.

I just wanted some advise in regards to outstanding Debt as I have a Paypal Credit account with large balance/agreed monthly repayments as well as Loan with Natwest. If it passes and I'm made redundant as well as not finding another job in time what can I do about this Debit?

Much appreciated on any help given.

Stu

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Presumably you mean debt, not debit.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well you can not pay it but youll get letters, debt collectors and court action. You can sometimes come to an arrangement to pay lower amounts.

Id concentrate on making sure you have a job though upon redundancy. That mean any redundancy (providing pay is similar) can go towards paying the debts. This is a good opportunity for you to pay a chunk of your debt, try and take it.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It's a question for the debt free wannabee board really. Good luck with it though.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure