Flight delay and cancellation compensation, BA ONLY

Comments

• trolleyrun wrote: »
    Was your flight 26th July?

http://www.thebasource.com/?s=Tampa

Might help, but if it's the wrong date feel free to ignore :)

no ours was the 27th july but flew on the 28th of july

some freinds we know were meant to fly on the 26th and were delayed till the 27th july

whats do the links tell me air line at fault or out of there control?
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.:D
  • trolleyrun
    trolleyrun Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    loates123 wrote: »
    no ours was the 27th july but flew on the 28th of july

some freinds we know were meant to fly on the 26th and were delayed till the 27th july

whats do the links tell me air line at fault or out of there control?

I don't know who's at fault, as I don't know the compo rules. All I know is that it looks like the Tampa flight on 26th July was delayed by a day due to the aircraft being late in from Orlando because of a technical problem.

Hopefully someone who knows all the rules of compo can let you know that side of things :)
  • sufcfan1
    sufcfan1 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Hi folks,
    Looking for some advice after arriving back from Heathrow after the latest weather issue!!

Quick overview, BA rebooked us onto a late flight back to Glasgow last night, which they then cancelled. Was told by the lovely purple helper people to go talk to them to get a hotel etc.

When we walked up to the desk, they refused to even talk to us. I asked about a hotel and was told to find something myself! No offer to find something, no transport nothing.

I was of the understanding they had obligations to passengers which they refused to even attempt to meet.

Has anyone got thoughts on getting something back from them?

Thanks
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    sufcfan1 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Looking for some advice after arriving back from Heathrow after the latest weather issue!!

Quick overview, BA rebooked us onto a late flight back to Glasgow last night, which they then cancelled. Was told by the lovely purple helper people to go talk to them to get a hotel etc.

When we walked up to the desk, they refused to even talk to us. I asked about a hotel and was told to find something myself! No offer to find something, no transport nothing.

I was of the understanding they had obligations to passengers which they refused to even attempt to meet.

Has anyone got thoughts on getting something back from them?

Thanks

They have a duty of care (even though, due to the weather they can get out of paying 'compensation')
    Send copies of your receipts for the expenses you have incurred, hotel, transport, meal etc to BA for reimbursement
  • topyam wrote: »
    Has anyone had success claiming for a BMI flight from BA?

Topyam,

I submitted a claim on 8th November for a BMI cancelled flight in May. I've phoned several times and each time the estimated reply period lengthens (now 90 days). Have been told it may be even longer as BA have to find the info from BMI files, so although it is taking a while the claim hasn't been turned down (yet).
  • sufcfan1
    sufcfan1 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    They have a duty of care (even though, due to the weather they can get out of paying 'compensation')

I had no doubt they could get out of the delay compensation due to weather, but it was how the discharged their 'Duty of Care' that got me.

They were getting rooms all afternoon and then if you were still hoping for a late flight, then it was tough luck!
  • apuleius
    apuleius Posts: 95 Forumite
    I filed a claim in october for a bmi flight delayed by 5 hours in April apart from the standard reply to the web form I've heard nothing formal. But I have rung a couple of times - it has been excelerated and is now awaiting confirmation from the BMI team as to the reason for the delay. (tech fault
    ). Hopefully won't have to wait too much longer.
  • dnicu26
    dnicu26 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Can someone please advise me on this:

BA accidentally sent out flight cancellation emails, texts and changed the status of the fight in manage my booking to cancelled and then called me to have me rebooked on a different flight. This seems to have been a fault at their end and the original flight took off as planned but with a nearly empty plane because everyone else received the cancellation emails as well. Can I claim for this against the EU compensation rule? The flight is BCN-LHR and it has genuinely inconvenienced my whole day as I missed an important event in London. I haven't emailed them yet but I will do to tomorrow, just wanted to get some opinions first! Thanks in advance.
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It would appear so... perhaps denied boarding might be the better claim.
    How 'late' was the 2nd flight in arriving after the first flight?
  • dnicu26
    dnicu26 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Mark2spark wrote: »
    It would appear so... perhaps denied boarding might be the better claim.
    How 'late' was the 2nd flight in arriving after the first flight?

The flight they rebooked me on was 10 hours after the first flight and they said this was the earliest flight that had not been cancelled. I've sent them an email now, let's see what they say.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback