Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Comments

• I saw this in my regular MSE email a month or so ago and have been thinking about making some up as little presents for the adults in the family that we have agreed not to buy pressies for (I feel I can't not give them anything)! Can anyone tell me the easiest place to buy the boxes from please? Many thanks
    There's a skinny woman inside me screaming to be let out. A cookie soon shuts her up!!! :rotfl:
  • NBirdy
    NBirdy Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    I got mine from the Woolworths Worth It range, for £1. They have the adjustable dividers so you can adapt them for longer/bigger sweets too.

hth
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Perhaps the DVD boxes were not such a good idea, cuz I think it's going to cost a small ransom to fill them!

Luckily I've been buying bits & pieces each week, but as the time is drawing closer I need to get the smaller stuff like flying saucers & co!!!! mushrooms....wish I'd got some in Julian Graves the other day when they had 20% off, but didn't have the cash then:o

We've a new weigh your own sweetie store opened, but I know I'll gaily throw stuff into the bags & fall down in a blathering heap when they tell me how much I've spent:eek: Maybe I'll just stick to my local papershop:rotfl:

How are you guys doing?
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• sootypea
    sootypea Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DSCF2415.jpg
    This is one i've just made for a Birthday. Total Cost £3.00!!
    an GC. £180.00/£300
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    I bought the boxes yesterday from Woolies for a £1 each.They didnt have as many compartments as I would have liked but they are just part of a hamper so I dont think I will get complaints.I'll be buying the sweets next week and filling the week after.I dont want the sweets to go stale or sticky.After that I'm going to vacuum seal them and label

Lesleyxx
  • mamamoi
    mamamoi Posts: 368 Forumite
    sootypea wrote: »
    This is one i've just made for a Birthday. Total Cost £3.00!!

Looks great sootypea.... where did you get your box from?

I got a few boxes from tesco but they are pretty small. Also cannot find the ones in woolworths, are they still in store at the moment?

mamamoi
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    In my local Woolworths they are in the DIY section on the bottom shelf and are bright yellow.If that helps any

Lesleyxx
  • sootypea
    sootypea Posts: 125 Forumite
    I got the boxes for a pound in asda a few weeks ago I am going to make 3 as Xmas presents this was left over so when my daughter said she needed a present for her friend i filled the left over box. I saw some boxes yesterday in pound stretcher they were two tier and they were £1.00 hope this helps
    an GC. £180.00/£300
  • to let everybody know, they have some boxes in the poundshop at the moment - plus its on offer, with the DIY goods, 3 for £1 !!!! bargain! theyre on the website and ive seen them in weston super mare, so hopefuly people can find some locally! hth :)
    A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute ...:A
  • You can get loose sweets from this lot

www.thepinksugarmouse.com

and the boxes I found at pound savers or was it bitz or it could have been wilkinsons

Anyway, one of them :confused:

They've got some great old goodies - I got some jazzies, lions midget gems, and strawberry foam.

I once ordered a load of stuff from a quaretr of and it took 2 weeks for them to deliver to me!!! And it was knackered when it arrived :eek:

Did anyone say you can buy them boxes at a fishing tackle shop - Because you can
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure