Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy

Comments

• Transferred from Together to So Energy on Friday 25 Jan (so just about 2 weeks ago). Today when I checked on findmysupplier.energy, it now shows SO ENERGY as my supplier.

Just need to wait now for Together to issue an invoice for about 6 weeks supply - what are the odds, when they get around to it - that it will be correct???

Don't think I am completely done with these jokers, but very happy to have them in my rear view mirror !
  • So glad to see the back of Together Energy. The company is shambolic but I eventually managed to obtain a final bill and a refund of what they owed me.
    My advice is to insist on a complaint reference number from them if you have issues. They do seem to work through these as they know the clock is ticking until you can take it up with the Regulator.
  • What a shambles!! I was informed in December 2018 that together energy was going to be my supplier due to oneselect energy going into liquidation. I contacted together energy in January to understand the process, firstly I spent ages on the phone and had to hang up due to the time taken. I then sent an email to them requesting information on my account, no reply. I rang them a day or so later after a long wait got to talk to someone and advised I was moving to another supplier SSE due to the poor service. The y were informed a couple of days later by me that I had done so and I requested a final outcome of the account. They continued to take 2 payments by DD of £122 each in January, I contacted them and explained I had credit of £336.00 with them but they still took the money. SSE officially completed on the 78th Feb 2019, I contacted together energy on the 7th and made it clear they were no longer my supplier and the account is closed. They agreed. Guess what on the 22nd Feb they took another £122 out of my account. Called them and they said it takes 6 weeks to close the account. I contacted the bank and stopped the DD and the bank are claiming the last payment back. This company are a disgrace! But more over where are the regulators given there seems to a catalogue of failures here? They have clearly taken way more than required and I have a credit of £336.00, not holding my breath. Shocking beyond.
  • Was forced to use this supplier by ofgem when One Select closed. Ofgem have showed their incompetence and lack of consumer care as it is clear Together Energy should never have been handed additional customers.

As others have noted, they have delayed the transfer process and stopped people transferring away simply to get more money. I am showing as having managed to transfer on 30 Jan yet they keep trying to take money even though I am in credit and now with another company.

They are incompetent and ignore all communications. The lack of refunds dating back months makes it seem like they are ready to fold too. Avoid like the plague.
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 March 2019 at 10:49PM
    I'm having my first proper Energy supplier nightmare...

I live in a shared house so having DD change is a bit of a pain, on this basis I set my quote a little bit higher than my actual consumption so my DD covers my usage. I then only submit a read at the end of my tariff and get a refund to pass around my housemates.

After a few months with TE they decided to halve my DD despite me not sending them a read. I rang up and told them not to do this they said they wouldn't and did it anyway, plunging me into debt (i kept the difference in savings account, so no real problem)...

I then had a gas meter exchange (legacy to legacy, but imperial to metric). My bill stopped coming through...

I rang up and provided closing reads and opening reads for the exchange. Waited 3 months and then finally got a bill. They had basically just billed my metric read as imperial...

Cue loads of calls and missed promises. Still no bill. So of to the Ombudsmen I go.

TE say they will manually bill and offer £35. I accept and hear nothing for 4 weeks. They then leave an answer phone message saying they will email, next day (the deadline for the case) I get 5 calls all to answer machine (I'm on holiday). I call back a few days later and I'm told as usual the complaints team will get back to me in a few hours, as usual they don't contact me.

2 days later the ombudsman notifies me TE have closed the compliant as resolved. I've not received a bill for 4 months and haven't had a correct one for over 6 months. By my own records I owe them £500 which is in line with what I would have paid had they not reduced my DD.

I've since tried to contact TE 3 times and I've been told their complaints team will contact me but again nothing. I've given them 2 weeks since the ombudsman deadline, so i believe I can now go back to the ombudsmen again....

My tariff ended in January so I'm asking for an extended price hold (and another £35), the price hold should cover my winter bill at least!

Rant over...

This company is terrible. I have a simple complaint and I know what I'm doing. heaven help anyone who is new to this...
  • Legendino
    Legendino Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2019 at 9:34AM
    Well it seems I have a free supply of both ! I didn’t do anything I just sat back and watched.

I was one of the many Ex OneSelect customers who were transferred to Together Energy by Ofgem in December. After an early ‘spate’ of emails welcoming me etc etc it was all looking promising. I agreed to stay with TE and transfer to their 3 year fixed Brexit Protect tariff.

The DD has been agreed and set up with my bank since early january but TE have not taken any money ?
    I can log on to my (work in progress) online account. Where I have a bill for £90.00 which I understand bills me for my energy from cessation of OneSelect to transfer to TE’s Brexit Protect tariff. Incidentally in early january I was informed that shortly I would receive a final bill from my OneSelect account. This OneSelect account had a credit balance of approx £120.00 . I have never received this final bill.

They inform me in my online account that they have no meter readings from me. I have submitted Elec meter readings online which are showing but the Gas meter reading does not work ? I have submitted this Gas meter reading to TE by email on more than one occasion.

TE do not reply to my emails. I asked them how I could pay the outstanding £90.00 as there is
    no TE bank account details available ?
    Now I will admit at this point I will not telephone them again. I tried a couple of times but aborted both calls after lengthy waits.
    I read my meters and calculate my energy usage and currently I owe TE the £90.00 mentioned plus a further £175.00.
    What a sad state of affairs. I am not ‘stressing’ about this but I can totally
    understand how some people would.
    I can also see how some less fortunate than myself would use the unpaid energy funds for other pressing payments, leaving them in debt when eventually this energy has to be paid for.
    Meanwhile I wait. :beer:
  • Absolute nightmare dealing with Together Energy. Switched supplier in December, yet TE billed me in January AND February. It's now March, and still no final bill. Had to complain to Ombudsman, who have discovered last month that I am owed closed to £300. Still no sign of refund. Avoid this company at all costs. It's a surprise they have not folded yet, with such diabolic standards.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I received the bill from One Select via Together Energy which showed a credit of almost £60. I switched from TE end of a January to Pure Planet but still waiting for one select credit plus credit from TE who took two payments in January. Total shambles of a company.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just looked at the Together Energy website - no updates for ex One Select customers since January -furthermore the FAQs STILL say final bills for ex OS customers by 14th Feb. yet other posts have suggested that ~ 1000 bills are delayed til later this month (perhaps?).

One would think that TE would at least update their information pages to reflect the current situation:(
  • Legendino
    Legendino Posts: 24 Forumite
    I finally got my final OS bill from TE yesterday, this includes the credit on that account and it was correct.
    This may have been coincidence but I had emailed accounts@togetherenergy a couple of days before.
    In the same email I reminded TE I had as yet had no money taken from the DD set up. No response to that from TE.
    I also asked how I could pay the outstanding £90.00 bill showing on my account. I was asked to phone in to pay.
    I replied informing TE I would not telephone due to previous attempts and the ridiculous queuing times. I invited them to call me or provide me with their account details to allow me to pay online.
    Now I wait again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure