Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Comments

• Umiamz
    Umiamz Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Grr - hoping I don't miss out on these high-discount powerpacks. I've just been told that it's now taking up to a month to give access to the shop on new accounts :( They need to change their welcome pack and other emails which are saying no more than 9 working days.
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'd give them a ring if I was you and say you want to buy these packs. I've always found customer services very obliging explain that you would buy them if you had access and you're missing out through no fault of your own. Go for it
  • Umiamz
    I called them this morning and mentioned this but was told not to worry - I wouldn't miss out. I wasn't entirely convinced, though, as she sounded very young and as if she was reading from a script.

I'll ring again next week if there's no movement on my account.
  • Tafrock
    Make a note of the packs you would have bought like todays Christmas sparkle powerpack. May even be worth emailing customer services too so you get it in writing that you won't miss out.
  • Tafrock
    If you go on powershop uk Facebook page it posts when new packs are available as you can't yet see what your missing with no access to shop
  • Umiamz
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Make a note of the packs you would have bought like todays Christmas sparkle powerpack. May even be worth emailing customer services too so you get it in writing that you won't miss out.

Good idea - I have sent them an email.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Umiamz wrote: »
    I've just been told that it's now taking up to a month to give access to the shop on new accounts
    @UtilityPoint jumps to the front of my queue for next supplier...
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Umiamz wrote: »
    Good idea - I have sent them an email.
    I joined 19th April 2017 but my account didn't go live until 30th June. There was a delay because my previous supplier didn't send the relevant information over in a timely manner.

Powershop credited my account with an amount equal to what I would have saved had I been able to buy the various Powerpacks on offer even though the delay wasn't their fault.
  • Umiamz
    edited 12 December 2018 at 9:08AM
    No reply to my email sent on the 7th yet, but my gas account is now live and I have access to the shop. Strange, because electricity was the first to go on supply a few days earlier than gas. Anyway, they have underestimated my gas usage - I've actually used £44-worth so far and they have estimated £29, hence I assume that the powerpacks that I'm being offered are based on their lower estimate.

Questions:

Now that I've entered some meter readings and brought it up to date, will those powerpacks be adjusted, or am I stuck with them at their current value?

Should I wait for electricity to go live before I start buying powerpacks? I'm wondering if the existing powerpacks will be adjusted to take into account the addition of electricity or whether new powerpacks will be offered.

FYI, here are the powerpacks on offer:

Winter Shaker: 35% - 9 days
    Smarty-pants: 20.2% - 3 days
    Major Saver: 18.8% - 6 days
    Heave-Ho: 17.5% - 13 days

There are also some future packs - two each of:

February: 41.5% - 6 days
    March: 5.4% - 6 days
    April: 5.4% - 6 days
    May: 14% - 5 days
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Buy every power pack. As you give more readings, they will be adjusted for your consumption.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback