Equifax. Low score with n/A INFO??

Hi i recently applied for my credit repor from equifax. As expected it was very poor. They asked for last three years addresses which i wasnt on the electoral role at these addreses. !But most info was marked n/a. I assumed with my bank account it would link me !to previous addresses over three years ago. Im assuming the info ive given (what they asked for ...3 years worth) is inadequate as there are no ccj etc against me according to the file. !Which is the opposite of what i expected. Ive moved addresses quite often over the last ten years... and been irresponsible to say the least. I expected previous linked addresses to come up? !I offered to supply more years of info but was told three years was enough. My score is bad but im left with no info with which to repair it. !Whats the best course of action !offer equifax more addresses or is it best to inform elect. Role? Do i need to find out about any defaults etc iHi i recently applied for my credit repor from equifax. As expected it was very poor. They asked for last three years addresses which i wasnt on the electoral role at these addreses. !But most info was marked n/a. I assumed with my bank account it would link me !to previous addresses over three years ago. Im assuming the info ive given (what they asked for ...3 years worth) is inadequate as there are no ccj etc against me according to the file. !Which is the opposite of what i expected. Ive moved addresses quite often over the last ten years... and been irresponsible to say the least. I expected previous linked addresses to come up? !I offered to supply more years of info but was told three years was enough. My score is bad but im left with no info with which to repair it. !Whats the best course of action !offer equifax more addresses or is it best to inform elect. Role? How do i find out about defaults... my score is extremely poor. Can anyone offer advice? It it worth joining the other setvices such as check myfile... i tried experian but they didnt find me at all..... equifax required id before showing my report.. my score is extremely poor. Can anyone offer advice? Thanks

Comments

• T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 1 July 2018 at 4:04PM
    As is the cliche comment around here, ignore the credit scoring, it is irrelevant. It sounds like you've been a bit scarce and all over the place - to the extent that it seems Equifax have generated a muddled file, hence the defaults and other data held isn't showing up.

Assuming the defaults were accumulated at previous addresses, providing these to Equifax could help them to consolidate the data and fill the blanks. If you weren't registered on the electoral roll at the previous addresses, I can't understand the logic in you being accepted for credit in the first place.

Your question is not paragraphed, so I am having a hard time reading it, but I hope this information is answering your concerns.

Your bank account's provider does not consistently submit addresses to the credit reference agencies, therefore if it has changed numerous times since account opening, this data wouldn't have been automatically updated or submitted to the CRA's.

The best thing to do next is compile a list of all previous addresses within the past 6 years, submit them to Equifax and explain any missing data in detail. The relevant department can have it looked into for you. As you weren't registered at those addresses, assuming it was all off-the-book, they might not be able to use them unless you provide evidence.

Equifax and similar agencies use information such as linked / previous addresses through the electoral roll, so it doesn't help that you have been off-the-radar for quite some time.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • Credit1_2
    Credit1_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Thanks for going through it. I suspected as much. I did offer to send further info but the woman said it wasnt required and just needed 3 years. Thanks
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Your first post you have pretty much duplicated the text, read it again and edit it, make it easier to read.
  • ywlgy
    ywlgy Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    T-G-C wrote: »
    If you weren't registered on the electoral roll at the previous addresses, I can't understand the logic in you being accepted for credit in the first place.
    Not being on electoral roll does not prevent you getting credit. Not everyone in UK can vote.
  • ywlgy
    ywlgy Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If you believe something is missing in your report, you can give the details to equifax and they will look for you.

Have you tried Experian and Call Credit? Make sure theirs are also up to date.
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 3 July 2018 at 4:29PM
    ywlgy wrote: »
    Not being on electoral roll does not prevent you getting credit. Not everyone in UK can vote.

It doesn't prevent you from obtaining credit by standard, but not being registered can, depending on the lender, affect some applications from being approved.

This is because lenders may need to confirm how long someone has been registered at a particular address or confirm someone is living at an address, with the electoral register being the most accurate source to do such.

Lenders do their own independent checks outside the credit reference agencies, such as application data sharing with National Hunter (some, not all), electoral roll cross-referencing and other data which is accessible to them about the person requesting credit.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • Credit1_2
    i've added multiple addresses which are linked to me so i'm just waiting..... il keep you informed of the results.... weirdly i just joined call credit noodle but it wouldn't let me finish the signup saying- .....oops it has already has me on file!

i've also queried this so i'm waiting for that. anyone has an answer for this would be much appreciated.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Credit1 wrote: »
    i've added multiple addresses which are linked to me so i'm just waiting..... il keep you informed of the results.... weirdly i just joined call credit noodle but it wouldn't let me finish the signup saying- .....oops it has already has me on file!

i've also queried this so i'm waiting for that. anyone has an answer for this would be much appreciated.

Its just Call Credit, Noddle is another way to access your call credit report.

Have you registered with Noddle/Call Credit before, sounds like you have.
  • Credit1_2
    so im at a loss. Ive emailed them but im still awaiting a response. Any thpughts on this would be appreciated.
  • Credit1_2
    Duh.... sorry ive never used them before so i'm at a loss? Any thoughts on this? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure