Hope you all ok Kirsty xx
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 6 September 2016 at 12:38PM
    Hi everybody,

Sorry for the absence :o I have been keeping up my PADding and debt busting, but I've kept away from regular posting so I could have some time to deal with what was going on.

His parents were staying with us while most of the bad stuff was going on so it became very difficult to be ok and put on a brave face about how we were feeling, and we both ended up breaking down to them. They took us separately to one side and were amazing. So supportive of whatever I wanted, they understood where I was coming from and listened to my reasoning. I'm very lucky to have had such fantastic people around at such a tumultuous time. They were also a godsend for him, they aren't a particularly close family but what they think and feel means more to him than he lets on (or even knows, I suspect). I can't believe it was nearly a month ago, it seems forever already.

We have carried on with relate counselling, and spoke separately to his parents, mine and my grandparents and I had some very difficult time with a friend who is just what I need a lot of the time, but I don't know it until afterwards...
    The counsellor was very direct with me and said I catastrophise situations, and try to make everything perfect when it can't be while I'm still trying to get my head around things. Equally, he doesn't put enough thought into how things might make me feel and the consequences of actions.

We are VERY slowly working through things and I am happier than I have been in a long time. I hate that we got to that point, but it does seem to have made us both realise what we are losing. We seem to be working on keeping each other happy as well as ourselves rather than focusing on our own happiness at the detriment of the relationship as a whole.
    I haven't even looked at his phone since 'that day' and don't feel any need to. I feel secure in what we have in a way that I hadn't for a long time.

I feel a little silly saying all this when you all know what has gone on, and I probably can't explain the difference in me for the past few weeks, but I feel like a different person. Stronger and more capable of dealing with things, yet completely content in letting him help me.

We are tentatively discussing the future and while we aren't making any concrete plans, it feels nice to have some shared goals again. His friend is still staying at the house, but is paying and helping around the house which I was starting to think would never happen.

Thank you all so much for your support, lovely messages and posts. I realise some people will think I'm crazy, and if I was on the outside looking in I would probably feel the same but I'm really, really happy. Only time will tell if the future holds what I hope it does, but at the moment I'm focusing on, and enjoying. the here and now rather than second guessing everything else.

I'm on the waiting list for some counselling for myself too, I think it's vital that I get to talk openly about my fears, concerns, and general stuff that I am scared to say out loud to people who know me.

ABA - What you said about life being more than numbers on a spreadsheet really hit home for me, I feel like I forgot this for a while. I have no intention of letting my debt spiral, but paying it off a little slower and taking care of myself mentally is top priority at the moment.

Thank you so much to everyone - who have been so supportive and reassuring, It's lovely to have a little escape in the form of this diary where I can put down my most random ramblings without being worried about what people will think.

K xx
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Kirsty, I'm so pleased to read that things are looking so much brighter for you. I am good at catastrophizing things as well so I know that feeling very well. I hope that things continue to go well for you. And by the way, it doesn't matter what other people think - it matters that you're doing what you want to do. If other people disagree it doesn't mean they're right and you're wrong - just different opinions.
  • Yay you're back. I missed your posts. I'm glad you're in a better place now, you had me worried for a while.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • kirtsypoos
    Thank you CCL - that's exactly what a friend said when I told her what had been going on - she would have done things differently but that doesn't mean she is automatically right, or wrong!
    If we all thought the same way and had the same reaction to everything, wouldn't the World be a boring place?

Tink, thank you so much for the PMs and providing cheering and distraction for me when I needed it :)

I'm on countdown to the arrival of my niece now, she is due next week so it looks like the Docs were wrong about her being early!

My friend was due yesterday, although the little tinker shows no sign of movement, and I had some amazing news about a friend who had been trying to conceive for a very long time, complete with IVF cycles and had no luck, only to find she had fallen pregnant naturally and then received blood test results which showed a very high risk of Downs Syndrome - she has really been through the mill and I am so pleased for her that everything is well, she will be having a perfectly healthy baby early next year :D

Having a fence put up at sometime over the next 2 weeks so all the materials have arrived and OHs friend is chopping down a tree at the moment so the fencer can get straight to it when he arrives.

Work is alternating between being bearable and shockingly miserable so decisions to be made here....

Hope all is well :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    So still no sign of any of the new arrivals, lazy little tinkers :) Friend has her sweep today, and little sis has hers booked for next Weds (actual due date) so hopefully it won't be tooooo much longer. The anticipation is killing me!

I'm cracking on with eBay, COS, Onepoll and yougov as much as possible to try and make some extra monies in anticipation of my operation. I would LOVE to pay it off the CCs but I am trying to be sensible.
    I have allowed myself a little treat in that I can still pay any cashback to the CCs, so I'm not feeling like nothing will go down without minimum payments and by budgeted PADs (will also admit to raiding OHs coin stash to try and fill my silver tin so I can crack it open and make an overpayment, undecided what to as of yet!)
    Also, anything I underspend on gets paid straight off a CC. I am getting there. Slowly but surely!

I'm cracking on with xmas shopping too. Have got my god daughter sorted and a few friends - doing well at sticking to budgets this year and getting lots of bargains :)

Cheered up by the thought that I will be under 9K by the end of August without extra PADs from underspends and TCB which has house insurance due to payout in the next few weeks :D
  • Oh Kirsty I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is planning Christmas already. Although I do have DD's 16th before that.

Loving your signature and the 9K, its coming down faster than mine lol.

Tink xx
  • Thank Tink. The old me would have rebelled at the thought of buying presents this early, but the new me knows it's the best way.

Your DDs birthday plans sound amazing - I'm sure you'll both have a fabulous time!

It's getting there, and I've been naughty - made some money on ebay which was supposed to be my operation fund, but have paid it off a CC :o I just can't stand the thought that the money is sitting there whilst I could be closer to my debt free future.

Have some exciting plans coming over the next few months - more on that later but I need to be debt free more than ever (before anyone thinks I've managed my ultimate goal, it is unfortunately nothing to do with having a family, but will get me closer to doing so).

Still no sign of the imminent and overdue babies....short of inducing them myself I'm out of ideas - I've given them yoga balls to roll on and encouraged the only two other things which work for bringing on labour - the midwifery training I did 10 years ago is still in there somewhere :o

K x
  • Haha I can guess what the ideas are. I walked everywhere for the week I went over and in the end it was a fresh pineapple that did it for me lol.

Tink xx
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I was a terror for pineapple. I even took bromelain tablets. I still can't eat pineapple. It doesn't work. None of it works. Not even having my waters broken in my case. Babies do what they want and they even have to prove it before they're born. I know what you mean. It's impossible to save when you're debt busting. Are you totally interest free now kirsty?
    Keep it up girly. Very excited to hear your news/plan. Sub9k sounds good. What's your next milestone you're after? X
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills