Account Closed - Who Updates Credit File?

Options
2»

Comments

• nuba
    nuba Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    It can take a while for these changes to filter through to the credit reference agencies depending on when companies send their updated data. I cleared a couple of accounts with Lloyds Bank in May. They only reflected in my credit file at the start of July. I would wait until your next credit report is issued before jumping to complain.

I had expected to have to wait for the file to update. What worried me though is the person at TSB that I spoke to seemed to be saying that because he couldn’t access the account and it was closed then they wouldn’t be updating it. He said to contact Westcot, but they said they no longer have any information on me.

The sort code and account number was no longer recognised by TSB
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If its TSB I wouldn't hold your breath. My TSB credit card was last updated in March on the Credit files, despite me having reduced the balance significantly since then.
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    When i finished my IVA, took a few months for everything to get sorted, however TSB was an issue. kept disappearing then reappearing. I ended up emailing CEO under a complaint as wasnt being sorted at telephone level. Complaint was finalised quickly and no issues since. Was also compensated from them.

Unsure if i can post the contact details, but using search engine, google "TSB CEO email"
  • nuba
    nuba Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks craig1981. Another potiential option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure