What would have been your nightmare job?

We always see threads about dream jobs but what about nightmare jobs

As a kid , I would have hated to become a rugby player as I didnt like the tackling side of it

Comments

• Undertaker.

(includes the wrestler too)
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    van or taxi driver
  • I had started to think about what happens when you turn up at the job you very least wanted. Could it work better then the job you think you'd want etc.

Bunny rabbit killers.
    Though I did get a job offer on a farm in pest control a few months back, bizzarly fascinated with it for a while, but remember the MD saying what would keep you here on a farm, only cos they had considered where I'd worked previously so pretty sensible I guess. Plus least I didn't have to deal with any order of bunny removal. Jeez yep probably a saving from grace.

Though our town has a woman butcher on market days which is probably pretty remarkable. Well I think so.
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Vice squad police person, viewing the awful images and videos they have to examine, going to the scenes they have to attend and so on. :(

Euthanising animals would be beyond awful, but vice squad would definitely be my nightmare.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    !!!!!!.......
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Serial thread starter & running away
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    boliston wrote: »
    van or taxi driver

Taxi I agree, loved being a van driver. Admittedly it was long distance not this silly multi drop stuff, went some fantastic places, saw all over this country, some of Europe, met new people, saw regulars, great view out of the window with the radio on. And they paid me for it!:D

Couldn't work in an abbatoir:(
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,640 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Usual pointless thread from this poster
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Definitely slaughtering animals. Prostitute would be pretty grim too.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I met someone who washes up the operating theatre tools. One is nicknamed the "sh it stick" and stuff would come down with "bits" on it. Grim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure