Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,126 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Credit uniions are fab.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Hope all goes well on Monday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    A calmer day.

I went to work. I ate a healthy lunch (brought from home) a layered salad since you're asking, smoked mackerel, grated carrot, brown and red rice, homous, seeds, raisins with a garlicky dressing. Yum!

I find if I eat well I have better days...plus my weight is an issue although I lost a stone last year and kept it off and this year it's down again too..

I had free coffee and free paper from Waitrose but I did buy some stuff for the freezer and only after did I remember I wasn't supposed to be shopping. I bought:
    Mini chicken fillets 4.29 reduced to 1.25 (2 Packs so 2.50)
    Lamb fillets 3.53 reduced to 1.18 (2 packs so 2.36)
    Smoked ham joint 11.58 reduced to 4.05
    Free range chicken drumsticks 2.57 reduced to 1.42
    An orange 34p
    A jar of pickles 1.49

I returned my clothes finally so that credit will come back to the now cut up card and there is another credit setting on company account for the coat

I had a day off from worrying about the debt as I am talking to debt line on Monday :)

Happy Saturday people x

Sounds like a good day DIA. Great bit of shopping there and sometimes you have to get the bargains when you see them. :T

Salad sounds lovely. Have you seen the trend for layered salad in jars? :D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Orange_Ena
    I have to admit the salad was in a glass mason jar :o Have a good day Orange Ena :)

Haha love it :rotfl: Whatever happened to tupperware? And round plates? What's this trend for square plates or even having your food served on a bit of slate? What's going on? :rotfl:

Have a great week :) x
  • Orange_Ena
    I know, I know, Orange Ena :o
    But I'm a sucker for a glass jar. I like seeing what's inside and feeling virtuous and I want my team mates to ooh and ahh over my healthy lunch. Although I totally agree about plates. I've even had food served to me on a piece of wood. Crazy! You can't beat a plain white round plate...

You are doing so well with your debts. I'm pleased for you, but selfishly a bit sad that you may be leaving us soon :(

Have a good week DIA

Ooh I can see the attraction to a glass mason jar filled with a healthy layered salad, but it's not for me. I'm a bit of a dropper so I'd be annoyed to have to clear up a ruined glassy salad and then buy lunch :rotfl: Hmmmm steak with a side of splinters :D

Aww don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. Still got about 4.5k to clear which will take me into next year I think, unless my postcode comes up in the lottery ;)

:) x
  • Well done you. Clearing debt is important but true friends are so much more than that.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hello DIA,

Sorry to hear about your house loan situation but so proud to hear how much you're doing about it. I totally agree that you keep on paying as you have been as that puts you in a far stronger position. Actions from banks like this disgust me!

I've also been feeling a bit overwhelmed by how much work needs doing on my house! All we can do is take a deep breath and push forward.

Thinking of you! MTxx
  • beanielou
    Are you really sure that you can afford £600 per month?

• beanielou
    Do you have a local buying & selling FB page?

• beanielou
    eBay is a bit of a hassle
    Fees quite high.
    I like local FB page as no hassle.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure