Bucket List

Options
maggiesoup1
maggiesoup1 Posts: 186 Forumite
I'm turning 65 next year, fortunately still fit & healthy so want to "see the world" before it's too late. My lovely partner is thinking the same as me but he's 5 years older so maybe insurance problems but he has no medical issues.

I'm into experiences ( I'd love to snorkel in aqua blue waters of some ocean or go on a safari - not in a tent, my back couldn't handle that!) he's more into culture (he's talked about visiting Japan)

We've travelled a fair bit already (Most of Europe, Cuba, Vietnam, USA, Emirates etc) but this is probably my last long haul as we can't afford Business Class and two 8 hour flights is just so uncomfortable now.

I've looked at websites to try and get some inspiration (ie the bucket list headline) but nothing floating my boat as they all seem to suggest places we could probably do in an average holiday.

Can anyone point us in the direction of any interesting/unusual websites? We don't have money to burn but prepared to spend more than the usual holiday budget for some amazing memories!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How about the South Pacific and New Zealand? Direct flights from Paris(or LA) to Tahiti and then onwards to New Zealand, it is about as far as you can go unless you want to cruise the Antarctic and look for penguins?
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm turning 65 next year, fortunately still fit & healthy so want to "see the world" before it's too late. My lovely partner is thinking the same as me but he's 5 years older so maybe insurance problems but he has no medical issues.

I'm into experiences ( I'd love to snorkel in aqua blue waters of some ocean or go on a safari - not in a tent, my back couldn't handle that!) he's more into culture (he's talked about visiting Japan)

We've travelled a fair bit already (Most of Europe, Cuba, Vietnam, USA, Emirates etc) but this is probably my last long haul as we can't afford Business Class and two 8 hour flights is just so uncomfortable now.

I've looked at websites to try and get some inspiration (ie the bucket list headline) but nothing floating my boat as they all seem to suggest places we could probably do in an average holiday.

Can anyone point us in the direction of any interesting/unusual websites? We don't have money to burn but prepared to spend more than the usual holiday budget for some amazing memories!

Thanks in advance

There are loads of web-sites that give lists and as its a personal thing it's impossible to give a definitve site.

Here's one with lists and when to go to the "Wonders of the world."

Have fun
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 April 2018 at 8:44PM
    Options
    If you enjoy snorkelling get a full face snorkelling mask, available on auction sites for about £15.
    Far easier to use than a traditional snorkel & mask, don't mist up and non-return valve works perfectly (On mine anyway) impossible to accidentally get a mouth full of sea.
    You can mount a go-pro style video camera as well.
  • maggiesoup1
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check out your suggestions.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My lovely partner is thinking the same as me but he's 5 years older so maybe insurance problems but he has no medical issues.
    My friend is well into his 90s & still travelling the world!
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Take the cable car up to visit Kuelap and hike down.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • maggiesoup1
    Options
    That looks amazing. Will definitely put Peru on the list !!!55357;!!!56397;
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How long are you allowing for the trip?
  • maggiesoup1
    Options
    Probably 3 weeks.