:) What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 2nd April?

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 April 2018 at 10:49AM
    Options
    Hi April Awesomees,

Off to work later.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage. Going to need a top-up.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Just realised that they are closing the road I take to work over the weekend. :mad: This turns a 25 min journey into a 70 min journey. :mad: I thought they were just closing it overnight, but apparently they're closing it the whole weekend, so my journey to work on Saturday is going to be miserable and cost me more than it would usually. And they're doing this for three weekends running. :mad:

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »

* Just realised that they are closing the road I take to work over the weekend. :mad: This turns a 25 min journey into a 70 min journey. :mad: I thought they were just closing it overnight, but apparently they're closing it the whole weekend, so my journey to work on Saturday is going to be miserable and cost me more than it would usually. And they're doing this for three weekends running. :mad:

Ah that really sucks. Maybe a good audio book or podcast would soften the blow?
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • NewlyFrugalMumof3
    Options
    Good Morning April MSE's

Today I will:

Check bank account - DONE
    Pay off AMEX bill in full - DONE
    Checked through D/D - DONE, but can't get rid of anything

Decide what to do with children for rest of this week:
    today - local day: walk/scooter to library, buy plants & seeds from L*dl to plant up few pots that I'll clean out to save buying new, Easter crafts at home, cake/treats and hot choc at home instead of cafe! - saves around £15! (4 of us)
    tomorrow - train trip (using family rail card for cheaper tickets), take picnic and drinks and potter around arty St Ives w dogs/kids.
    Friday - possibly beach ramble / park for older kids & Rockfish Friday t/a only £3/person so a reasonable treat for family

See what old paint used on front door to buy new to 'tart up' and look like new - to do next week

Tidy and clean and move some furniture today so makes me feel better about home.

Check out fleabay for sliding wardrobes for DS2 room.

Strength training exercises - First Marathon in 1 days time :eek:

Have a great day everyone.

T x
    Jan GC £267.47/280, Fuel:£40.60/£40; Cafes: £28.35!!/£20, NSD: ?/20
    Walk /10miles/week,
    LBM £14,000 :eek: 01/02/18. Loan: £14960.40/4 years

Emergency: / £1000, Vouchers: One4All £20, HairSalon £50, Caffe Nero £15.62, Pizza Express £90, Other Restaurant £60. DS1 owes camera/car ins.£800.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Frugalistas,
    Some more rain here. Great. Because I don't think we had quite enough rain here yesterday. No. I could definitely have enjoyed more than the 3 huge downpours (on my washing!), hail storm & the intermittent grey drizzle we got for the rest of the day ensuring that Cat kept coming in distinctly moist & insisting on drying himself on my trousers. I have to go out for a meeting tonight, which requires a little prep, so I shan't get as much done as usual. Some useful stuff though:
    *Have updated my signature as I like to keep a tally of survey income. £114 so far this year & awaiting £50 from Yougov. All destined for LPDF.
    *Rained-on laundry has re-dried on heated airer overnight.
    *Bread dough made for pizza base & cobs - just on its 1st proving, will need bashing about in a minute, as need to eat early tonight.
    * Fed sourdough jar ready to mix up loaf tomorrow.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch - not done yet.
    *Listed another 12 items on ebay.
    *Continue crocheting around my little knitted squares - am using black, as this sets the colours off nicely. I did 6 last night - just plain trebles, about my limit when it comes to crochet, whereas I'll try almost any knitting pattern confidently.
    *Sorted through remaining yarn stash & identified 3 different lots of self-patterning sock yarn I can use to knit presents - 2 lots were gifted to me, the other I bought to knit a pair for someone last year, then gave him a different present instead. I shall cast a pair on as socks a nice portable knitting project to have in my bag......I knit everywhere.....festivals, picnics, outings, in the car (only when am passenger, just in case you are now all planning to avoid roads in the East Midlands!), in the garden, when I'm hanging about waiting.....etc, so may as well get them started for popping away in the presents box.
    *Turned 2 upstairs radiators down so they are really barely on.....& they won't be on after the end of this week.
    *Sort through gifted knitting magazines. Some may be suitable for listing on ebay but I haven't even had a look to see how old or what they are yet, & I may want to keep any with great patterns, I'll see.
    OK, must crack on.
    DNMS - Hope your little op goes well.
    Dawn - Best of luck with yours next week - is that GB coming out? Am only asking as mine is destined to follow at some point, although I seem to have dodged the major surgery I was told I'd need this year, so I supposed that's something!
    Love to everyone else......
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    Options
    Ah that really sucks. Maybe a good audio book or podcast would soften the blow?

I've got one lined up. ;)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »

I knit everywhere.....festivals, picnics, outings, in the car (only when am passenger, just in case you are now all planning to avoid roads in the East Midlands!)

:exclamati Glad you clarified that.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    *Continue crocheting around my little knitted squares - am using black, as this sets the colours off nicely. I did 6 last night - just plain trebles, about my limit when it comes to crochet, whereas I'll try almost any knitting pattern confidently.
    F x

If you can do trebles then you can def crochet :)

It's just variations of where you stick the hook and how many times you wrap the yarn round
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi fellow frugalers

Thanks to all who made comments about our holidays - we did have a really lovely time and it was worth every penny. Its just quite shocking to spend around £50 on lunch most days when that would normally cover most of my food budget for a whole week! :eek:

In other news my online banking smart key has still not arrived! :mad: its quite annoying as my CC needs paying soon which i cant do without getting on online banking - not to mention £300 sat there with another £300 to come on Friday that I cant transfer - why do they have to make it so hard!

On the MSE front :

:A all meals from stores
    :A NSD today
    :A warming up here so took a chance and planted some potatoes, beans and peas in my raised beds
    :A no heating on again
    :A car tax came out but had money in my car pot ready to cover it
    :A realised this month I'll get double child benefit so an extra £190 to play with - will cover my dental work and hopefully some for debt jar :T
    :A many, many surveys done.
    :A cashed out from qmee and curious cat so another £18.50 paid on MBNA - thats £638 total in 9 weeks - proud of that :j:j
    :A mum brought round loads of CS stuff she'd bought for the kids in next size up - good stuff too - ted baker and monsoon mostly.
    :A found some dried potato caserole i brought back from USA in the back of the cupboard so served that for tea along with rubber chicken

Think thats it - its my long day at work tomorrow so am out and about doing visits - really need to resist the temptation to pop to the shops on the way home!
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 April 2018 at 10:02AM
    Options
    Morning guys :) I'm up but I wouldn't say I'm up at it! Op went well, non-eventful, but I feel off and not quite myself, a little temperature. I am very sensitive to anything invasive so to be fair probably fairly predictable I feel like this! Going to have to rest today.

I'm due to work tomorrow - but I won't be able to drive until after 12.30 as not covered to drive on ins for 48 hours so I need to contact my employer and ask do they want me to come in at 1, to swap my days and work Sunday instead or take the day off sick ....

I don't think I'll get much done today so plan to rest and recuperate at home - I think a NSD will be fairly easy to achieve! I do have a couple of low effort things to do though

[STRIKE]* I've checked banking & received refund from sky[/STRIKE] :T
    *[STRIKE] did some money shuffling[/STRIKE]
    * still need to work out how to make a mortgage over payment. Will call my bank and ask them to set up
    * get oh to call Llyods as they have closed one ppi claim as we didn't return some paperwork. It was confusing as the day after getting this request there was a letter from them agreeing the ppi claim. But looking in to it it was for another account well I've asked him at least! Given him the letters and a little note with what needs to be done. That's really about as much as I can do!
    [STRIKE]* update spending diary[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* all meals from stores[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* get soup out of freezer for lunch[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* cook kidney beans been in soak for 48 hours[/STRIKE] :o I've changed the water though!
    * dinner is yesterday's veg curry (we got a take out last night :o)
    * I really want to plant seeds but while I think this is my priority I don't seem to be getting on with it!
    * Might get sewing machine out. Itching to start quilt but have 2 projects to finish first - have cut out materials for reuseable baby wipes and need to sew on poppers on 3 sanitary towels. Will get these done and then maybe will have energy/inclination to start on quilt :)
    * do art activities with madam when she returns from mil's today - low effort but full absorption! Just what I need. We have planned to do a blossom tree painting and paint some faces on paper plates :money:
    * maybe sit down and work out the plan to change banks & open a saving account....
    * investigating paint to paint bowls/cups/plates with madam - the cost of doing it at a cafe is :eek: we're talking minimum of £25 to paint and have a drink each....

eta:

* did a load of washing and will hang out on the line in a minute
    * tidied up most of the house - madam's room needs a 2nd sitting :eek:
    * saw an offer on the grabbit board for H&M so went and bought a few dresses, shorts & t shirts for madam. Got £11.74 off (20% discount) and free delivery for joining their club £3.95 :money:
    * ran a bubble bath using a pinch of the bath bar dd got me for mother's day :D

wombles from Tuesday:

used 2x £1 moc for R0binson's squash. Went to Wa1tro55e where they were £1.50 e so got 2 bottles for £1 :money:
    * picked up 2 tops in 0asis ys £24 to £4 as it had a couple of marks on it. Looked like eyeliner. Did prewash treatment (aka washing up liquid :rotfl:) and it has come out :money: the other was £25 to £6 :T
    * found 1p roadkill :D

that's £56.70 in wombles over the last 2 days :D

ok think that's all for me. Well wishes to everyone who needs them
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: make sure you rest up DNMS you don't want to overdo it.

I'm not feeling up and at it either, whilst I've slept ok the last 2 nights almost a week of not sleeping properly before that has taken its toll. My litttle list today:
    Fish out of freezer for tea
    Wash to come on later
    Shuffled some washing around inside
    Loaded DW and put on
    Quick shower
    Last of last weeks ham in last of beetroot wraps (wondering if I can make my own beetroot wrap.... will investigate later)
    Froze last bit of ham for a risotto one night
    Hot drink for work
    Going to do a presentation today, so not going to Office. Probably a good thing, have plenty of thinking time as it's a decent drive
    Saved £265 on DH insurance in the end last night, will pay that to loan later
    Check banking and see if credit card has updated. It's very slow to update payments
    Message amazon seller as they have finally dispatched something DH ordered about 3 weeks ago and said we received it last week, which we haven't.

Have a good day folks. I think it's going to be dry :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport