Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi Harshbhasin,

If you need help with this, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT165.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • harshbhasin
    harshbhasin Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2016 at 12:39PM
    Done that already.......
    WRT165 [#13705149]
  • Hi All

Just wanted to raise a issue on here I received a text message from Vodafone (From 23 July 2016 we are changing some of our prices. This change does not affect any of your inclusive minutes, text or data bundles. To see how these changes impact you please visit vodafone.co.uk/PAYM-3 . I posted the letter into Vodafone Head office on the 21/06/16 and it has been signed for at the office and i have the Post office tracking information.

I have made numerous calls to the cancellation team through 191 and have been told i am eligible for the cancellation and then put through to another team who say i am not. I am just going round and round in circles.

Would someone from Vodafone please be able to help all i need to do is cancel the contract and have a pac code supplied.

Thank you

Stuart Eyley
  • Wrt165 [#13705499
  • Sutcliffe
    Sutcliffe Posts: 12 Forumite
    Wrt165 13685316

please could you let me know when you will be calling me again, i missed your call but emailed you back with the information you requested on a text message.

Thanks
  • spiggot
    spiggot Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Unfortunately I brought a £30 SIM from Vodafone high street store which refuses to activate. I've been given lots of poor advice from Vodafone, first asking me to switch off phone for 24 hours, then another person advised leaving on 2 hours etc. Nothing has worked despite numerous phone calls and live chat, resulting in them telling me the SIM is faulty and I need to go to store to get it the problem fixed. I was reluctant to visit the store again as it involved me taking time off work, but made the trip as I was assured it could be resolved in store by Vodafone live chat, despite me not having the SIM card in my possession as I had sent it to a friend to attempt to use.

Today in the store I have been told there's nothing they can do without the manager being there, and of course he's not in today. Even if I revisit the store and the manager happens to be in that day, apparently refund or swapping for a working SIM is at the managers discretion and not guaranteed. Therefore there is no guarantee I will get a refund or a working SIM even if he happens to be there on the day I visit. I will also need to take more time off work to find out. I'm shocked that they're allowed to sell faulty products with no recourse, surely I should have some form of consumer protection? I also felt that the in store sales person I dealt with was very flippant and didn't seem to care about my predicament, also putting me off visiting again.

As I've been sold a faulty product, which Vodafone have admitted on live chat, are there any other options open to me other than revisiting the store again? I've contacted support numerous times to try and resolve this, but have been given little to no support from Vodafone. Would I be better off going through the Ombudsman or small claims court? I understand I can't claim back from my credit card company if it's under £100. I actually spent £400 in store including a phone, but was forced to split the bill into two separate purchases of £370 and £30. It's only the £30 SIM I have a problem with, does this mean I can't rely on the credit card company to refund?

I deeply regret buying from Vodafone now, particularly from a high street store as it's wasting so much of my time. I would just like to be rid of them as quickly as possible now.
  • spiggot
    spiggot Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Form filled as requested. Other non Vodafone advice is welcome!

WRT165 [#13708781]
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi harshbhasin & zeyley1983,

We've received both of your messages and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jo-bo
    jo-bo Posts: 390 Forumite
    Hi sent my email and my ref is WRT165 13709830. I need help trying to get my PAC code without being told I'm going to get charged a fortune and I'm just going round in circles
  • Sutcliffe
    Sutcliffe Posts: 12 Forumite
    Code I have been sent is WRT165 13710171

KIND REGARDS

ANDREA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts