MSE: Sort out SKy!!!

Options
I'm not the only one who upon trying to get the sky deal gets told by sky that I can't get broadband at my house but would need fibre. At which point the package is nearly £30 a month, no £50 credit and £40 to set up.

Come on, MSE, blag us a better deal for fibre off sky! :money:

Under these circumstances it appears that the amazing £64 a year is nothing but cheap advertising for sky, so please, MSE, prove that it isn't and go back to the table with Sky for us.......

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As mentioned in another thread, they may have used up their allocation at your exchange and MSE can do nothing about that. There are other providers, besides Sky and BT taking a share of the exchange cake, so provision is limited.
  • gringobble
    gringobble Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    So?

Why does that mean MSE can't blag a sky deal on Fibre?

Plus the logic there does not compute: I have broadband and willing to switch so space is not an issue.

cynical advertising ploy
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    gringobble wrote: »

MSE can't force Sky (or any other ISP for that matter) to offer any deal. I think you overestimate the power of MSE! To be fair to Sky, I see more offers on MSE for their products than any other communication based company.

Have you tried directly taking out BB on Sky's website. If you get the same answer then your conspiracy theory would be dead in the water. If on the other hand it says you can get standard broadband, then that would be something to look into.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

You give the Money Saving Expert site far too much credit. You post that Martin Lewis emoticon like he still has connection to this site. The fact is that he sold it a few years back to Moneysupermarket.
    cynical advertising ploy
    On that we can agree. Sky are a business and are not "blagged" into anything that doesn't ultimately make them more money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure