one day at a time

Comments

• Phew quick update whilst I have a minute......then sofa snuggle for an hour before I hit the dreaded ironing;)
    Working all hours with this new job....good for my savings but taking its toll on my aging bones Lol, might take less hours on next week.:D
    OH still on best behavior......wont say to much on that subject tempting fate and all that :o
    DS happy plodding along with charity work but found 2 jobs which might just suit him to the ground, applications going in this week....so fingers crossed, he deserves a little bit of luck :D
    Have sold 2 pair curtains on Teabay made £110 ....they cost me only £20 gummytree happy days.:T
    Bingo night tonight have money off voucher so will only cost me £5 for a night out cant be bad and who knows might even win..............:j
    Right snuggle down and nap time :)
  • safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 14 February 2017 at 5:18PM
    Wow managed £380 into my mortgage pot today :T, extra cash included from few things I managed to sell on Teabay but massive boost to paying off my mortgage......
    Had an easier day today, well except for 2 hours ironing....only the bedding left to do.
    Met my beautiful mammy in town for a coffee, then nice walk around few favorite shops, bought jumper for DS to put away for Xmas.... I no its months away but if I see a bargain then will save me in the long run and was half price. Waited for DS to finish work so we could get the bus home together and its lovely to see him so happy and relaxed....his confidence is finally starting to shine again, which makes me smile much more :D:D
    OH still well behaved........but again I will jump away from that subject ;)
    Ready for my late afternoon nap........trying to keep my heating turned down to a minimum when I can. The house is starting to feel slightly chilly .....under the duvet I go, just for an hour, with the aim of cutting my heating bill in the long run....well all these hours do add up :)

CC B £1000/ CC S £1,700...£2,700 total …. Mortgage £100,000 /£73,200 paid £26,800 remaining
    EF 0
  • Day off today had terrible sinus since last night and this morning, easing off a little now.....I was trying to tidy up the back garden yesterday, raking and bagging all the leaves (which I normally do around October) anyway thinking the allergens from rotting leaves might be the culprit................:(
    DS applied for job yesterday, good thing is his old boss from the charity shop now works there, quite high up managerial.....fingers crossed she might just pull a few strings and get him an interview ;)
    Business is going really well, OH landed two very profitable jobs this week, just goes to show how when he shapes himself up everything else starts to slot into place :).
    Sausage casserole bubbling in the slow cooker smells delicious....making me hungry already, will have to have some creamy buttery mash to go with it yummy.
    Oh well bit bored so think I will take my moody little doggy for a walk and post a few letters whilst I'me out and about ...............:D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hooray for DHs jobs!!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • safehouse
    edited 17 February 2017 at 5:40PM
    Thankuuuuu Bobs hope things are good with you today x

£11 cashback yesterday paid £10 into mortgage fund................£1 left for me Lol :T
    Recent curtains sold on Teabay and silly lady wants to send the smallest pair back because they are different colours....What was she looking at? of course they were, they were listed as different colours, because they were different colours.....as photographs clearly showed. Thinking not able to read as well as colour blind,more annoyed as £6 postage paid and will now have to re-list...Wow some people (wonder if I could deduct postage from her refund?...but worried she might give me bad feedback even if was her mistake).
    Out in the garden again today, have sectioned it off into 6 parts, so wont seem such hard work or so daunting. section 1 cleared and raked.
    Anyway bit of a shock our fencing going right up one side is in a terrible state and thought we would have to renew, (roughly 8 or 9 6ft panels, posts and labour) but I have just pulled some of it forward got on some steps and taken a look behind and what a surprise....yes all the houses up the next street have had new fencing put up at the bottom of their gardens (probably trying to hide our awful fencing).....anyway meaning we just need to pull our horrible fencing down and not only does our garden increase in size again, but whoo hoo brand new fencing thanks to our neighbors and a massive saving of around £400 Happy Days :j

CC B £1000/ CC S £1,700...£2,700 total …. Mortgage £100,000 /£73,210 paid £26,790 remaining
    EF 0
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    New fencing for free sounds good!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • safehouse
    edited 1 March 2017 at 4:37PM
    Time does fly.....cant believe its been 10 days since my last post Busy, busy days..... On top of working in my messy winter battered garden have been taking on every bit of overtime I can get at work and cleaning/helping my Beautiful Dmama (she is starting to find everyday things difficult, usually she would argue she could manage,very independent my Dmama, but I get the impression she is now very happy to let me get on with it). All my finances have had a re-shuffle and in the process mortgage savings have slightly reduced.... good news is have finally pushed myself into paying off quite alot of cc debt. Happy days cc finally below 1k. Also feels wonderful to only have one cc to concentrate on.
    Business still going really well diary fully booked for the next 2-3 weeks and OH working hard....has had a few wobbly moments with his problem but far better on the whole than he usually is....Oops cant help but worry writing that sentence might just come back and bite me in the backside :eek:.
    DS still plodding away at his voluntary work, not much luck with finding a job, but something very interesting came to light the other day regarding his 2 years remaining study years at University. Apparently because he left his current course only after a few months due to compelling personal reasons beyond his control "cockroach tutor and mental health issues" student finance are looking into re-awarding 2016-17 year back to him as a gift year to re-do. This means he might be able to look into another university course in the future "when he is mentally strong enough" and all is not lost . His GP gave him a glowing letter to send off to student finance along with his request so all fingers and toes crossed for him.:D
    Had a Sunday visit to Marksy spencys arround 3pm and hit the jackpot, lots of delicious food at knock down prices.......couldnt beleive how much I managed to buy for a grand total of only £16. Wondering if I was just lucky or if it is a weekly event, anyway will certainly be popping in this coming Sunday ;)
    Right then I am going to take the turkey out of the oven and then snuggle under the duvet....have a lovely afternoon nap :):)

CC B £900/...£900 total …. Mortgage £100,000 /£72,140 paid £27,860 remaining
    EF 0
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    safehouse wrote: »
    Time does fly.....cant believe its been 10 days since my last post Busy, busy days..... On top of working in my messy winter battered garden have been taking on every bit of overtime I can get at work and cleaning/helping my Beautiful Dmama (she is starting to find everyday things difficult, usually she would argue she could manage,very independent my Dmama, but I get the impression she is now very happy to let me get on with it). All my finances have had a re-shuffle and in the process mortgage savings have slightly reduced.... good news is have finally pushed myself into paying off quite alot of cc debt. Happy days cc finally below 1k. Also feels wonderful to only have one cc to concentrate on.
    Business still going really well diary fully booked for the next 2-3 weeks and OH working hard....has had a few wobbly moments with his problem but far better on the whole than he usually is....Oops cant help but worry writing that sentence might just come back and bite me in the backside :eek:.
    DS still plodding away at his voluntary work, not much luck with finding a job, but something very interesting came to light the other day regarding his 2 years remaining study years at University. Apparently because he left his current course only after a few months due to compelling personal reasons beyond his control "cockroach tutor and mental health issues" student finance are looking into re-awarding 2016-17 year back to him as a gift year to re-do. This means he might be able to look into another university course in the future "when he is mentally strong enough" and all is not lost . His GP gave him a glowing letter to send off to student finance along with his request so all fingers and toes crossed for him.:D
    Had a Sunday visit to Marksy spencys arround 3pm and hit the jackpot, lots of delicious food at knock down prices.......couldnt beleive how much I managed to buy for a grand total of only £16. Wondering if I was just lucky or if it is a weekly event, anyway will certainly be popping in this coming Sunday ;)
    Right then I am going to take the turkey out of the oven and then snuggle under the duvet....have a lovely afternoon nap :):)

CC B £900/...£900 total …. Mortgage £100,000 /£72,140 paid £27,860 remaining
    EF 0

Great news about the CC balance, you will soon be able to concentrate on paying down the mortgage.

Fingers crossed for your DS.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Fab about fence and Marksy's bargains. Fingers crossed for DS and course/finance Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • safehouse
    Thanks Guys, such lovely people on this site.....always makes me smile :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income