Urgent help needed : BT

Options
owlet
owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hoping that someone can help me because I'm banging my head against a brick wall with BT and I really don't know what to do.

1: October 2017, Changed from residential to business as my daughter works from home for a company.
2: BT added a charge for a second phone line. The number attached to our account is not known to us and not added by us. 12 bills include charges on this second phone line.
3: Contacted BT and was told to cancel the direct debit & not pay whilst they looked into it. This we did.
4: We have both emailed and phoned BT several times regarding this issue. We have been promised that we would receive an email with a case reference number and it would be dealt with.
Nothing happened.
5: last week we were cut off from making outgoing calls, so we just paid the bill in full, including the disputed amounts, because a few days ago we were cut off from receiving incoming calls too.
6: phoned BT AGAIN yesterday and were promised AGAIN that we would be re connected within 24 hrs, we would receive an email with case reference number and all would be sorted. He said he would also open a complaint.
We are still not reconnected & still no email.

I just don't know what to do. I have spent hours on the phone repeating the scenario over and over. They say the right things but nothing is happening.
I need the phone line back and a the refund of a few hundred pounds for the second phone line.

Please can anyone help?
SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
SPC 11 (2018) #485

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is a BT business account problem ??
  • owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    This is a BT business account problem ??

Yes it is a business account
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • techquest
    techquest Posts: 294 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2019 at 7:13PM
    Options
    Came into this one late, have you got anything sorted yet?

Sadly BT can be a nightmare to deal with but they are governed by the rules. Those rules are under the jurisdiction of Ofcom. I have had a number of dealings over time with BT thinking they could be tough on its users, or just plain unhelpful, with no consequence to themselves. I proved them to wrong in every case I had to deal with. Use the words I'm going to escalate to Ofcom usually helps them to concentrate on getting the problem resolved.

So please let us know if you are still battering your head against a brick wall and need some help.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    techquest wrote: »
    Use the words I'm going to escalate to Ofcom usually helps them to concentrate on getting the problem resolved.

I'm pretty certain their staff will be aware that Ofcom don't actually deal with complaints, so it's somewhat of an idle threat.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Go direct to the complaints department, don't deal with the normal customer service at this point. You can complain yourself via the BT website. Keep the complaint simple and factual with no hyperbole.

When I did I got a call in a couple of days and the matter resolved there and then.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • techquest
    Options
    onomatopoeia99 makes some good points. The normal customer services group will not be able to help you in reality. You need to find out which telephone area management you come under and then get the name of the person who heads it up. Make your complaint at that level, factual and no hyperbole as onomatopoeia99 states, and in written format, email best, so that you have it from the top of the tree in that areas organisation. They will have to respond and do so in a timely manner as at this point it is a well documented complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure