Euro Camps

Options
Hi,

Has anyone ever been to a Euro camp for their family holiday? Would you recommend it?

Can anyone suggest a site that is on or near to the beach and accessible by public transport.

Thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 January 2019 at 9:19PM
    Options
    Hi,

Has anyone ever been to a Euro camp for their family holiday? Would you recommend it?

Can anyone suggest a site that is on or near to the beach and accessible by public transport.

Thanks

Its Eurocamp isnt it, lol.

Yes Ive been to a few, none that I reme ber had a beach by.
    Id reccomend it.

Are you aware what you need to take with you ? Could have changed since I last went.

Any preference in terms of country ?
  • Runningfast
    Runningfast Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 21 January 2019 at 9:25PM
    Options
    Eurocamp...yes you are correct. Didn't pay enough attention to the name on the website.

Yes I am aware of the basics with bedding but need to take sheets, pillow cases etc. However, the sites I have looked at allow you to hire all of it. I just assumed it was the same for all sites? I will check it out in more detail if we decide to go.

Just trying to find a site we can reach without driving or car hire etc. might not be feasible though.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Get their brochure, it describes every site in sufficient detail - some are adjacent to beaches and not so difficult to get to from local airports.

They are also very helpful on the 'phone.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 January 2019 at 10:07PM
    Options
    Eurocamp...yes you are correct. Didn't pay enough attention to the name on the website.

Yes I am aware of the basics with bedding but need to take sheets, pillow cases etc. However, the sites I have looked at allow you to hire all of it. I just assumed it was the same for all sites? I will check it out in more detail if we decide to go.

Just trying to find a site we can reach without driving or car hire etc. might not be feasible though.

Yes you can rent your own, we always took our own which meant we had extra weight in the car so more petrol used.

Yes hiring the linen could be standard over all sites.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brother went somewhere in the Netherlands with 2 sons. . Doesn't drive but found public transport fine for getting there and getting around.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Shelldean
    Shelldean Posts: 2,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Part of their search criteria, and filters is 'near to a beach's and near to an airport
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks

I don't know whether you've atempted to do any research yourself before coming on here but I would have thought if you've even just looked at their website you would have seen:-

https://www.eurocamp.co.uk/travel-and-extras/travelling-by-plane/car-free-holidays
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Runningfast
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will check the website a bit more to see if any of the sites fit our needs. We are looking at a number of different options at present.
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have used euro camp, keycamp and siblu. All very similar.

I guess it depends what region you are interested in, but if I remember rightly you can select using the map, and adjust the map so you are looking at Coastal locations. We love Languedoc and the Vendee, we have used static caravans in both, although for the last Sven years we have hired villas instead.
  • Runningfast
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    I don't know whether you've atempted to do any research yourself before coming on here but I would have thought if you've even just looked at their website you would have seen:-

https://www.eurocamp.co.uk/travel-and-extras/travelling-by-plane/car-free-holidays

I hadn't seen that no, I was looking on a phone and have used the online chat service with a eurocamp agent. The agent I was speaking to stated that they couldn't identify camps that do not require cars but stated that the parks along the Adriatic would be my best option. That is the reason I asked on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure