Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congrats ccl both to you and all your students
    Absolutely. Well done. Teachers do a difficult job and don't get the recognition they deserve (and, no, I'm not a teacher).
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done you!!! Hope you are wearing your smug face :D

Hope you can relax a bit now before the new term kicks in.

And hope ds feels better soon / you can get to the bottom of what is troubling him.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Congrats to students and to you. Great set of results.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news CCl! :j :j:T Well done to you and your pupils :D
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,282 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the results :j :j

& relax :A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Woo hooo brilliant news. Ell done for all your hard work. You definitely deserve a break now.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Oh Congratulations CCL :) awesome. Two nines. :)

XXXXXXXXXXXx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Really well done CCL.

It's of no surprise to me that such positive results came in. Your endless hard work has, and will continue, to pay off. Be sure to take some time and reward yourself and acknowledge the achievements!!

Hope DS is feeling better.
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great results CCL - well done!
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hey everyone :wave: :coffee:
    Thank you so much for your kind words - you have no idea how much it means to me. I like a lot of approval and feel better when my hard work pays off. So even though it's mostly down to the kids and they work they've done, I feel validated as a teacher :rotfl:
    So, today has been a strange one... It kind of started last night - I was tired, and determined to get an early night but I started looking for things to do when we go to the Lakes next week. Next thing I knew it was midnight, I had a headache and hadn't chosen anything for the three of us to do. So I went off to bed, slept poorly and woke up at 7am with the headache still there and feeling shattered overall, but I had to get up to take 2 of the cats to the vet. Naughty tortie (surprise) but just for her regular injection, and my tuxedo cat, but just for her annual vaccination and check up. Should all be paid for on my monthly plan. Except vet didn't like the look of my tuxedo cat today, and she had lost a bit of weight, and she wasn't walking well. So I had to pay for a load of tests - which were done there and then. She got the all clear there, but vet thinks she has arthritis and is in a lot of pain so we're going to try some pain management with her and repeat bloods in a couple of weeks. I am already over £200 lighter, with the next set of bloods to pay for, but tuxedo cat is actually insured so I have everything crossed that they will actually pay out - I've had very bad luck in the past with tortie (hence her not being insured any more). I feel bad that my tuxy has been unwell and I've put that down to her being a bit antisocial and lazy, but I really hope that she will be feeling better soon.
    Next we went to bestie's for a quick cuppa and catch up, kids were meant to be seeing ex but he kept mucking about so I decided to go out and not worry about him. They saw him for less than an hour in between us getting home and then having to go out for hair appointments (all 3 of us). Love having my hair done - I wish I could afford it more often.
    I had some paperwork for the house to drop in at the solicitors, and had to fork out another £350 there as well.
    So today I've spent a little over £600 with very little to show for it. I feel like crying if I'm being honest. This divorce is costing me a fortune and I can't afford to do it so I'm definitely going to be in debt by the time it's all over. I'm really upset about it because I was determined that I wasn't going to rack up debt again after last time, but there's no way out of this one... I've already spent over £3000 on the divorce and funding ex, plus I need to borrow the rest of the money from my mam to buy him out, and then any other legal costs still ongoing. Gutted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure