MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Comments

• Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Wow sarahj glad you are both doing well.

Welcome happylassie

So we also had an early delivery! 37+4, had been in bed an hour when my waters went at 12.30. Baby was breech so went straight to MAU, they moved my section up to the next morning (was meant to be on 28th) took me to delivery, sent DH home. Within 30minutes I was contracting, and things sped up quickly. By the time they examined me I was 8cm with toes at the entrance! Rang DH as they rushed me to theatre. By the time the consultant examined me I was 10cm with a foot out! I was given the option of vaginal breech delivery or continue with the section. I chose the section but was told if when we got to theatre the second foot was out then I'd have no choice!

Thankfully all went well with the section, haemorrhaged but only as bad as my last birth. Got discharged 24hours later. Breastfeeding is going well, she's only lost 1.6% of her body weight. Incision is healing well and we've managed to get out for a short walk every day.

The birth was so much better than my last one, very healing.
  • Congratulations x
  • That's great news Munchkin, and glad you found it healing.

Still waiting here - 41 weeks tomorrow. Had a sweep yesterday, and the midwife could feel the baby's head! So that's promising. I had gone for a walk in the morning though, so I think I'll be doing some more of that!
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Wow Rambosmum, what a story!! Glad everything turned out well and you're home already.

Fingers crossed you get some movement soon Firebird, that must be frustrating.

We're 38+3 today and not really showing many signs of anything which is good as the building works are in full swing. Electricians almost done and plasterer quotes coming in today, one can start on Monday which would mean potentially getting it all done (minus decorating) before baby arrives.
  • Celepie
    Celepie Posts: 134 Forumite
    Congratulations, Rambosmum! Glad everything went smoothly for you.

Nothing much to report here. 37+5 today. Been having a lot of braxton hicks last couple of days, almost constant in evenings, but nothing other than that. Ready for her to come out now!
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Arr congratulations Rambosmum :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Rambosmum
    I hope things get moving for you soon Firebird. I'm finding it odd that she's almost a week old and I'm not even at my section date!

How are you getting on Sarahj?
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Rambosmum wrote: »
    I hope things get moving for you soon Firebird. I'm finding it odd that she's almost a week old and I'm not even at my section date!

How are you getting on Sarahj?

Congratulations to you. We both had similar due dates and both came early!

Baby and I are very well. We were both discharged on Monday afternoon so settling in well at home. I’m beginning to feel like myself again although I appreciate with 2000ml blood loss my energy levels will take time to pick up, the iron tablets and iron rich diet will help.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Rambosmum
    Any news Firebird?
  • Hi folks, I have sorry, no time to update earlier!

Little girl (8lb4) arrived 4:15 Sunday morning, 3 hours after I was woken by contractions. Slight panic stations as had to wait for babysitting grandparents to arrive, and contractions were rapidly increasing in intensity! We just about made it to the birthing pool, so just water and gas and air. Could not have been more different to last time. As Rambosmum said above, very healing.

However, part 2 was a bit more traumatic - retained placenta lead go a massive haemorrhage which landed me in theatre under a general. Poor husband was left with new baby and no news for several hours. I was discharged last night, but still in hospital, as baby being treated under lights for jaundice. In fact, just heard that we can go home! Hurrah.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure