PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

TV aerial query

Options

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Daniel1971 wrote: »
    Are you sure you need it for the Now box? Mine runs off WiFi, no aerial required

Second this, ours doesn't require an arial
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Purchase a Firestick from Amazon,plug it into back of tv,all the channels you require.
    Ensure you have wifi.
  • rosyw
    rosyw Posts: 519 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Daniel1971 wrote: »
    Are you sure you need it for the Now box? Mine runs off WiFi, no aerial required

That's fine for streaming,but if you want Freeview channels you need an aerial.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    why not just get a small internal aerial
  • CarrieVS
    CarrieVS Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I rented a house with no TV aerial. Bought a set-top one, which I still have if I ever need it again.
  • danlewi2
    danlewi2 Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We dont have an aerial and get by with on demand services. BBC iplayer and ITV you can watch live via the app.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There is a version of the Now TV box that provides Freeview channels in addition to the normal streaming line-up. That access to Freeview requires a connection to a terrestrial aerial.

It's this one:-

SmartBox.png
  • MRC59
    Options
    I’ve just moved into a new Rental one bedroom flat, and I’ve just found out that my landlord controls my TV watching time. By that, I mean he pulls the communal TV aerial out of a central signal box in his flat, so my signal goes dead after 12am. Can he do this?... it’s not in the contract.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MRC59 wrote: »
    I’ve just moved into a new Rental one bedroom flat, and I’ve just found out that my landlord controls my TV watching time. By that, I mean he pulls the communal TV aerial out of a central signal box in his flat, so my signal goes dead after 12am. Can he do this?... it’s not in the contract.

You should really start your own thread. That said, whilst it seems odd your landlord does this I don’t think there’s anything legally stopping him from doing it. Does your landlord perhaps do this because you or maybe a tenant in another flat connected to this signal box have your television blaring into the wee small hours?

There’s nothing stopping you from streaming television using WiFi or getting your own set top aerial.
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    U can get freeview add to your firestick easy peasy.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/get-freeview/products
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport