EU travel during brexit

I have booked to fly at to dublin from Manchester 8am 29 march(brexit day). My reuturn is 31 March. All with Ryanair. Does anybody have an idea where we stand if the return flights will go ahead?
Flying out will be no problem but the flight back may be disrupted if there is a no deal.
Also if my plans get cancelled, where do I stand as apposed to the accommodation, I have already paid the £400 upfront on my credit card, will that be covered by my credit card company?
Thanks

Comments

• bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 January 2019 at 10:34AM
    Oh for gods sake. Do we really need all this again.

What makes you think planes will just stop? **rolls eyes**

See the million other threads people have started on this, the answer is exactly the same - STOP WORRYING!!!!! I fly to Prague on the 31st March and I am not worried one bit. In fact it may account for why it was so bloody cheap, because paranoid people werent booking it.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Have you seen the Tom Hanks film The Terminal? U.K. citizens will become like him and have to live in airports, ferry terminals or at the Eurotunnel terminal.
  • You'll have no issues flying with Ryanair...........................O'Leary has a plan to protect customers in these types of scenarios - make sure your credit card has a large enough limit !!!
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,102
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    Have you seen the Tom Hanks film The Terminal? U.K. citizens will become like him and have to live in airports, ferry terminals or at the Eurotunnel terminal.

Can i reserve two seats now please as we are pensioners and cannot sleep very well on the floor:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • It will depend on that backstop that Ireland want/don't want after Brexit - if it all kicks off then all the planes will crash into the sea.
    I would cancel now and hide under the bed sheets until April1st - oh hold on don't do anything on April fools day either - better go to the docs and get a month off - in the UK of course.
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Good job I have no flights booked post Brexit as we will be in a right mess;)

Holidays in the UK from now on then.
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm on holiday in the Canary Islands on Brexit day and I'll definitely be hoping there are no flights home.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure