Talktalk new £4 TV charge

Options
Tried to opt out but was told I would NOT be able to use the talktalk box with Freeview unless I pay the £4 charge.:mad:

The phone number was 'not in service' so I used the chat facility.

I'm looking for a deal elsewhere.

Tricia

Comments

• joe_cott
    Options
    I opted out of the new £4 TV charge today. Also had to use the chat line; it took a long time to convince them that I would not pay the £4 charge but they finally relented.
    I was sent the TV box a long time ago but never used it. I offered to send it back but they dont want it. what a waste. I must say though that the Talktalk product has always been excellent for my requirements & have been with them since they started but always get quotes from elsewhere to compare
  • Pluto88888
    Options
    £4 charge for talk talk tv box we are getting shifted everyone should complain and not pay this.
  • techquest
    techquest Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    From what I understand this charge only applies if you use (or have the ability to use) the TV Boosts, hence the reason why it is applied by default. If all you do is record Freeview, watch catchup or rent films you can opt out of this £4 charge. Don't give into them as they cannot make you pay for a service you have not opted for..
  • tricia6
    Options
    Thanks Joe, I'll have another go tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure