Opinion Outpost - Any Good?

Comments

• sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They may pay out but they are still a complete con 50p for 15min survey about £2 an hour if you are lucky, the use ssi surveys mainly who are compete con artists. Getitng 75% through a survey, sorry not suitable is there favorite, the only ones laughing all the way to the bank is them.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sharpe106 wrote: »
    They may pay out but they are still a complete con 50p for 15min survey about £2 an hour if you are lucky, the use ssi surveys mainly who are compete con artists. Getitng 75% through a survey, sorry not suitable is there favorite, the only ones laughing all the way to the bank is them.

Thats not massively unusual in survey sites tbh. Only Prolific and Populous are much better in my experience. And even with the screening, it is not hugely unusual - and yes it is very annoying.

I dont think it makes any beans to OO if you get screened out. The data is not being collected by them. They are a 3rd party who bring the survey from the client, to the customer. If anything it is in their interest you do not get screened out. I think you need to try and understand a bit more about the process works before blaming them for that.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • MsJudeM
    MsJudeM Posts: 3 Newbie
    Never had any problems with them to be honest, yes its frustrating getting screened out, but I am doing these in the comfort of my own home for a little bit of extra whilst watching the TV. I have probably had circa £30 a month from them.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    I get about £2.50-£5 per week with this and was also a lucky winner of grand prize $5,000 in 2016 :D got me out debt and now purchased my first home :D xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I've recently joined this and think it is quite good.

Just wondered if I request a payout by Paypal, are there charges involved? I've tried going through terms and stuff and I believe there is a charge, but just wondered if someone could clarify?

If there are, I'll opt for a Wilkos or Iceland voucher as I'm guessing I would get the amount for these?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • mikep22
    Forumite
    I've recently joined this and think it is quite good.

Just wondered if I request a payout by Paypal, are there charges involved? I've tried going through terms and stuff and I believe there is a charge, but just wondered if someone could clarify?

If there are, I'll opt for a Wilkos or Iceland voucher as I'm guessing I would get the amount for these?

No charges - you usually get it a couple of days after request.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    mikep22 wrote: »
    No charges - you usually get it a couple of days after request.

Wonderful! Thank you.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • Hello, just reading for views on opinionoutpost.co.uk, been using them for a good couple years and generally have no issues. Managed to get up to £50 for Argos vouchers and went to claim, account terminated message.

Now this happened before to me and I chased them down on social media to get a response after a couple weeks saying they had deleted me because I was deleting their emails with links to do surveys and not clicking on the links to go to them, which was untrue as I always click the links first before they get deleted.

Anyway, I accepted this and went in to do some surveys again, I enjoy doing them on my lunch and always rack up good rewards, but these seem to have a habit of closing your account once you reach a certain value, so either quick withdrawals or MAJOR avoid, hoping they resolve the matter again on this occasion though but starting to be all to common and these are the ONLY survey site of 5 I use where this has happened.
  • mikep22
    Forumite
    DannyLock wrote: »
    Hello, just reading for views on opinionoutpost.co.uk, been using them for a good couple years and generally have no issues. Managed to get up to £50 for Argos vouchers and went to claim, account terminated message.

Now this happened before to me and I chased them down on social media to get a response after a couple weeks saying they had deleted me because I was deleting their emails with links to do surveys and not clicking on the links to go to them, which was untrue as I always click the links first before they get deleted.

Anyway, I accepted this and went in to do some surveys again, I enjoy doing them on my lunch and always rack up good rewards, but these seem to have a habit of closing your account once you reach a certain value, so either quick withdrawals or MAJOR avoid, hoping they resolve the matter again on this occasion though but starting to be all to common and these are the ONLY survey site of 5 I use where this has happened.

Cant say Ive heard of this before for OO. But the MSE guide for surveys suggests not stashing money in survey accounts - especially when the cashout for OO is £2.50...
  • I joined Opinion Outpost a while ago and had no problems with them. I’ve been filling in surveys and usually getting the points to cash in for Amazon vouchers.
    I wrote to them a few weeks ago that I hadn't received points for completing invtition surveys (filling in diarys for TV viewing etc).
    I was fobbed off, they stated that the survey was still “in-field” and I would get the points by a certain date. This didn’t happen, so I complained.
    Shortly after my account was suspended (without any reason given) and I’ve lost all the points
    Is there any organisation I can complain to about Opinion Outpost?
    Thanks for any help…
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure