Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Just popping in to tell you something.

A friend of mine had her ESA revoked, so she appealed against it, and several months later attended the Tribunal hearing yesterday.

The revocation and the following months leading up to the appeal, plus all the forms and paperwork caused her an enormous amount of stress, which I could see drastically affected her health, (as if she needed that on top of all her problems!).

She nearly gave up on the whole thing a couple of times, due to the stress, but she did soldier on with it.
    She said that if a friend hadn't agreed to go to the Hearing with her, she wouldn't have gone, as the stress was too much.
    On the day of the hearing she was a total wreck, and she was convinced she wouldn't get any joy.

Anyway, the Tribunal agreed straight away that she should get ESA!
    And then went on to consider whether she should get Support as well.
    Because she was there, and giving verbal evidence, which did emphasise her problems, they also decided she should get the Support element too!
    (The DWP hadn't sent a representative to defend their decision).

So, this is just to say that, if you are in a similar position, don't give up hope, stay strong, and do, do, do, go to the hearing, however awful you are feeling, and however scary it seems. The Tribunal judge is a barrister, completely impartial, and very fair.
    Take a friend with you, especially if they can corroborate your difficulties and give personal examples of how those problems affected you.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• I'm off the ADs.

Just working on the ADHD meds now.

No appreciable difference in mood.

I've lost enough weight to be a size 12 (ish).

WaS, you seem to have found your niche! Fabulous.

Dekaspace. Tell everyone who needs to know, your 'other phone', leave your relative phoning and texting the old number and talk to the police about his harassment.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • So sorry to hear that Melly, OH has been through enough, you both have.

That is good timing for me Pyxis as I was informed I will be having a PIP assessment soon. They are doing it at my home which is something at least. I am absolutely dreading it, knowing my luck I will panic so much that I end up catatonic throughout it and they will think I am not cooperating! This will be my first assessment, I have no idea what to expect or even if the assessor will know anything about my mental illnesses. Panic!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Haven't heard from relative since weekend so thats good, yesterday saw a nice ex neighbour whom I hadn't seen in 2 years on bus and had a chat, today went with another friend for a meal.

Been a little drained though, and doctor has said now I have been on the meds a month he has prescribed me the stronger dose (double the previous strength) going to wait until Sunday when my current dose runs out rather than start tomorrow.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    So sorry to hear that Melly, OH has been through enough, you both have.

That is good timing for me Pyxis as I was informed I will be having a PIP assessment soon. They are doing it at my home which is something at least. I am absolutely dreading it, knowing my luck I will panic so much that I end up catatonic throughout it and they will think I am not cooperating! This will be my first assessment, I have no idea what to expect or even if the assessor will know anything about my mental illnesses. Panic!
    One thing to remember WaS is that you probably have lots and lots of medical evidence, Christ i was awarded it and the most recent psych lettters for me were 6 years old and they still awarded me it. Try not to worry, i'm sure it will go fine. I know its not nice to focus on the negatives when we try our best to ignore them but you just tell them everything and i'm sure it will be ok.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Good morning everyone, sorry I haven't posted here in a while.

Am I overreacting here or am I right to feel disappointed/disgusted?

I booked myself a ticket to an event in Manchester last night (Friday) and I'd been looking forward to it for ages.

Was in said venue when I needed to use the bathroom and started to make my way through the crowds; moved past a group of men when one of them decided to put his hand (firmly) on my backside.

I had my back to him, froze briefly, then walked away as quickly as possible-whilst waiting in the queue for the bathroom I didn't know what to think?

When I left said venue a couple of security personnel told me once I'd left I couldn't re-enter but when I said why I was leaving they made no real effort to make sure I was OK.

There's a very good reason why I'm probably reacting/feeling the way I am; I struggle in busy places as it is because because of the event in the past but I have to force myself to try and enjoy myself otherwise I'd never leave the house, other than for work.

I've emailed said venue but don't hold out much hope; but regardless of my sexual orientation why do some people feel it's acceptable to do such things when it wasn't what I was there for.

Thanks for listening x
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • It's never acceptable and is an assault, doesn't matter the gender of the person doing it or that of the person it is done to. You're certainly not overreacting.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Thank you for your replies.

It's a shame we're still in an age whereby some people seem to have a 'don't care/what's the fuss' attitude towards such things; it's small wonder it often goes unreported.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Practice a loud "oi, do you want to watch where you're putting your hands before you get yourselves in trouble".
    Slightly less confrontational but still shows them up.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thats it, had enough with that relative number blocked withheld numbers blocked, phone and landline on silent just in case.

Recieved a text today begging how his girlfriends sister has been rushed to hospital (as she does pretty much every week) and since its an emergency she needs £50 to pay for healthcare or she will be arrested and her possessions sold as its a crime in her country not to pay medical bills. Not even a please, not even a can I just its an emergency here is payment details (by Western Union)

Has caused me great distress and on top of that my upstairs neighbour has been having a party since the morning people screaming in hall and dancing and loud music I don't need this today.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback