Bus, Taxi, Cyclist Drivers

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    James2k wrote: »
    in my experience its 45% the cam cars bad driving 45% someone making the slightest mistake possible such as making a tiny swerve to avoid a leaf etc and 10% good stuff.

some of the things people upload are the most non event things possible and it does make one wonder about the people uploading them.

still watch uk bad drivers exposed every friday though ;)

Yeah the ones who accelerate into roundabouts or similar to manufacture incidents are fairly terrible drivers, a lot of them are massive overreactions or just poor planning. People who use the horn before braking or just use the horn where they shouldn't (like at night) for no good reason annoy me too
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    James2k wrote: »
    some of the things people upload are the most non event things possible and it does make one wonder about the people uploading them.

There's a guy who is a truck "driver" who posts as Trucker Jay on Youtube who seems for the few years he's been driving to have more incidents in a week than I've had in years. Many of the things he's uploaded unless he really is entirely braindead he has deliberately caused for Youtube footage including damaging people's property and vehicles where there was absolutely no need to and on the trucking forums he is regularly lambasted for his muppetry. Quite how he still has a job I don't know because if I was his employer watching those videos I'd be handing him his notice. Hate to think how much their insurance is now.
  • I have dashcams and I've sent clips in to the popular dashcam clip YouTube channels in the past. Only stuff that doesn't incriminate me and usually only like 10 seconds where the incident happened.

Certainly not interested in uploading my back catalogue to the police so they can do me for any minor offences they deem fit.
  • James2k
    James2k Posts: 300 Forumite
    Tarambor wrote: »
    There's a guy who is a truck "driver" who posts as Trucker Jay on Youtube who seems for the few years he's been driving to have more incidents in a week than I've had in years. Many of the things he's uploaded unless he really is entirely braindead he has deliberately caused for Youtube footage including damaging people's property and vehicles where there was absolutely no need to and on the trucking forums he is regularly lambasted for his muppetry. Quite how he still has a job I don't know because if I was his employer watching those videos I'd be handing him his notice. Hate to think how much their insurance is now.
    haha, i've actually seen some of his stuff a year or so ago. I did hear he had a bit of a rep
  • Tilt
    Tilt Posts: 3,599 Forumite
    Looking at some of the You-Tube clips posted by cyclists, it would appear that helmet cams have turned some cyclists into 'policemen' (or so they think).

Can't help thinking that some of these 'helmets' go out simply to seek out motorists who are having an off day and post them on You-Tube. Sad really.
    PLEASE NOTE
    My advice should be used as guidance only. You should always obtain face to face professional advice before taking any action.
  • James2k
    James2k Posts: 300 Forumite
    Tilt wrote: »
    Looking at some of the You-Tube clips posted by cyclists, it would appear that helmet cams have turned some cyclists into 'policemen' (or so they think).

Can't help thinking that some of these 'helmets' go out simply to seek out motorists who are having an off day and post them on You-Tube. Sad really.
    invariably they are called Nigel
  • Where does data protection figure in all this? Surely must not be legal to film people without warning and then use that film against them in some way?
  • I thought it was perfectly ok to film people in a public place(?).

I'm sure that on programmes like Police interceptors the TV crew's footage would be admissible in evidence if required.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Where does data protection figure in all this? Surely must not be legal to film people without warning and then use that film against them in some way?
    It is perfectly legal in public places, such as on the roads.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Tilt wrote: »

The problem is someone having an 'off day' driving a motor vehicle can quite easily kill/seriously injure more vulnerable road users such as cyclists. Also, many many motor vehicles are driven badly and they can't all be driven by people having 'off days'.

Try cycling around yourself and see how scary those drivers having 'off days' can be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure