IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!

Comments

• Thank you for the help...I truly appreciate everything as I’ve never experienced anything like this before so am completely overwhelmed by it all....just a headless chicken it appears!

I don’t even know how to post here properly!!!!
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,031 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Have just received a final demand letter for £160 before court proceedings.....kind helpers, experts out there, what is your advice on what to do next?

Grateful thanks!

Which bunch of bozo Muppet debt collector scum sent you that?
  • Would you believe...VCS itself!!!!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Have just received a final demand letter for £160 before court proceedings.....kind helpers, experts out there, what is your advice on what to do next?

Grateful thanks!
    You had the advice you should be following ages ago!

(Ignore everything except a LBCCA or Court correspondence!)

Come back for advice on how to deal with those should it come to that!

You can though continue to try and establish the landowner, and if you can do so complain to them and request them to get this cancelled

You don't need to post every time you get a threatening debt collecting letter!
  • Mystic-lady
    Mystic-lady Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2018 at 8:00PM
    I thought this WAS the last letter before court as it states on this letter “we will be taking you to court!” Says a CCJ will be filed against you and as I have never been involved in anything like this before was left shaking in my boots with worry thinking this was THAT letter! Forgive me for not knowing and naivelly thinking it was!!!

Can I congratulate you for being so informed Quentin but kindly point out, unfortunately, not everyone is that fortuitous, clever or as knowledgeable hence the plea for help! If I or any other person crying out for help on this matter were in the same position, I can honestly assure you we would not be having sleepless nights, worried out of our minds nor would we be wasting time typing or crying out for for help via this or any other forum...never-the-less, thank you for taking time out of your day to respond with help/advice.

To everyone - .again, can’t thank you enough for your patience, help, guidance and every little bit of help you have and continue to give me....
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 October 2018 at 8:27PM
    Have you specifically asked Premier Inn and the theatre who the owner of the car park is? If you haven't, then phone them and ask for this information, somebody will know, of that I am 99% sure. If a phone call draws a blank, go to both in person if necessary and stand your ground until reception finds someone who can tell you. You were a patron of the theatre and their revenue could well be affected by the car park scammers so it is in their interests to tell you what you what you need to know to firmly request that the charge is cancelled.

When contacting landowners lay it all on the line in an organised and assertive manner in writing i.e. by email. Rightly or wrongly I'm getting the impression that you don't have much faith in this line of attack but it is actually a very valid route to go down. It is outrageous that having done absolutely nothing wrong you have all this worry hanging over you .... not suggesting self-pity, just entirely justified anger!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I thought this WAS the last letter before court as it states on this letter “we will be taking you to court!” Says a CCJ will be filed against you and as I have never been involved in anything like this before was left shaking in my boots with worry thinking this was THAT letter! Forgive me for not knowing and naively thinking it was!
    It might be.

Does it give you 14 days, or 30 days to reply, and does it attach reply forms?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you for your kind suggestion & yes I have asked both ironically neither appear to know the answer. In fact, that was my first port of call! They were outraged at the audacity f these people but empathy etc, hast got me very far.

I also compiled a rathy lengthy letter (point by point) requesting the usual landowners, asked for a copy of their agreement with the landowner etc, etc. but as you probably have gathered- nothing. In addition, I was sent (from the highest point of Warwickshire CC what I thought was a very valuable piece of information attaching that both electronically and hard copy which was completely ignored by these !!!!

The blue badge scheme does not apply on private land.

Often private car parks have signs demanding drivers display a blue badge when using the disabled parking bays, or risk getting a parking ticket. However, just because someone does not hold (or does not display) a blue badge does not mean they are not disabled; the Equality Act does not require the driver to display any sort of badge or permit. Anyone who fits the lawful definition of disability is entitled to make use of the ‘reasonable adjustments’. What they are in
    effect doing is adding arbitrary rules to the lawful right of someone to use a ‘reasonable adjustment’, and this could be considered a breach of the Equality Act.

It should be noted that this does not mean that you should not display a blue badge if you have one. Clearly, if you were to hold one, it would assist all parties by displaying it. But what is wrong is that parking companies include terms and conditions requiring you to display one as a contractual term for using a disabled bay; they have a duty of reasonable adjustment to disabled persons.

Despite this we hear of people being issued parking tickets for not displaying blue badges; either because they have forgotten to display them, or because they do not have one. So what should do? The simple answer is to tell the parking attendant, or appeal stating that you have a legal right to use the space, and provide any evidence you may have. At that point, the parking company should not pursue the charge since it would then be disability discrimination under the Equality Act. In short, don’t stand for such behaviour. If you are registered disabled and you are unfairly issued a parking ticket then fight back!

They are just solely intent on extorting monies in whichever/whatever way possible!,,
  • Neither, it states 7 days. No other paperwork included unless that’s an oversight on their part!:mad:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Who sent you this, sounds like a person after our own hearts:
    The blue badge scheme does not apply on private land.

Often private car parks have signs demanding drivers display a blue badge when using the disabled parking bays, or risk getting a parking ticket. However, just because someone does not hold (or does not display) a blue badge does not mean they are not disabled; the Equality Act does not require the driver to display any sort of badge or permit. Anyone who fits the lawful definition of disability is entitled to make use of the ‘reasonable adjustments’. What they are in effect doing is adding arbitrary rules to the lawful right of someone to use a ‘reasonable adjustment’, and this could be considered a breach of the Equality Act.

It should be noted that this does not mean that you should not display a blue badge if you have one. Clearly, if you were to hold one, it would assist all parties by displaying it. But what is wrong is that parking companies include terms and conditions requiring you to display one as a contractual term for using a disabled bay; they have a duty of reasonable adjustment to disabled persons.

Despite this we hear of people being issued parking tickets for not displaying blue badges; either because they have forgotten to display them, or because they do not have one. So what should do? The simple answer is to tell the parking attendant, or appeal stating that you have a legal right to use the space, and provide any evidence you may have. At that point, the parking company should not pursue the charge since it would then be disability discrimination under the Equality Act. In short, don’t stand for such behaviour. If you are registered disabled and you are unfairly issued a parking ticket then fight back!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure