Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Shhhh Alex, I often do too ;)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Bleugh, heavy night!

I collected dh and friends (from work) from the beer festival yesterday and we came back for a BBQ at ours, which moved indoors and continued until 2 am, one stayed over and one tried to walk home (it's a 20min drive :eek:) but dh booked him an uber against his wishes :rotfl: a great evening though.

Ds2 has now finished college :eek: he is doing his cv today and has heard of a job in an insurance company as security on the front desk via a friend. apparently he will spend the next year working and building a portfolio and may consider evening classes as well (im tiptoeing round the "u" word still!) I think he will consider going next year.

Ds1 has one exam left tomorrow and then it's all guns blazing on him :D

Dh and Dd have just left for Heathrow to collect her boyfriend from his week at San Francisco for work - not much work, judging by all the photos of him eating I've seen :D I was going to spend the day ironing but the iron has just died and dh has borrowed my car as we still don't have a van, what a pity I was really looking forward to that :rotfl:

No mortgages news to report, I may do a Tilly tidy today, just to remind myself I'm supposed to be clearing the mortgage :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    newgirly wrote: »

No mortgages news to report, I may do a Tilly tidy today, just to remind myself I'm supposed to be clearing the mortgage :o

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Hairdressers today for the first cut and colour since Xmas (ive been growing it) £111 plus tip, its a lot but is actually cheaper than I thought it would be. I feel so much better though, even best friend told dh how lucky he was to have a wife with such stunning hair! Think he would rather a wife with not very stunning hair and £111 in the bank instead :rotfl::rotfl:

To balance out the frivolity I've borrowed a dress for the races next week off her, I have shoes and bag already so just need to order a hat which I'll get from Amazon I think, that's a big saving as the striped dress I wanted was £130 odd in coast :eek:

TUESDAY:

* go to work super early, brother off so no need to pick him up

* go to the gym

* meet the girls for a catch up at one of their houses in the evening

* stop eating and drinking like a big fat bloater - it's exactly one month today until dds birthday, I could get back down to my lowest WW weight in that time! I would not be at target but feel much better.
  • newgirly
    Oops , never made it to the gym last night :o

WEDNESDAY:

* see if ds2 and brother fancy seeing Jurassic world after work

* check accounts

* mop /Hoover

Not much to report in the midweek lull!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    Dh and the children went to see Jurassic world and loved it. I squally watch the Jurassic films around 10 years after release!

Have sent you a private message too.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Hi cath, I'm looking forward to seeing it , even a bad dinosaur film is worth watching in my book :D couldn't see the pm by the way, my folder was full, have deleted a few now!

Great day out today, we bunked off WW this week and went for coffee and toast in m and s instead, way more fun :rotfl: I bought some posh chocolates for Father's Day and some cards.

Back later after checking the finances :D
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    We watched Jurassic World (or Jurassic Park 5?) and it was a lot of fun. I'm always impressed when they find decent child actors.

Sounds like a lovely day. :)
  • newgirly
    edited 18 June 2018 at 7:51AM
    Hi Michelle, I enjoyed it too!

It's been even a fairly uneventful weekend, watched jurassic park Friday with ds2 and he took dh again yesterday.

Tensions are running a little high at home at the moment (for me anyway!) the boys are (they say!) looking for apprenticeships and jobs but have not found anything suitable yet, dh seems fairly ok about all this and is confident they will find their own way. I'm panicking and stressed on a fairly grand scale :( I'm also surprised at dh's relaxed attitude, I don't think I've ever met someone who works harder than him, I thought he would be pushing them more.

We are probably both handling it wrong to be honest, him letting them get on with it and me constantly trying to talk about it. Suffice to say I could do with a long holiday somewhere to forget about it all.

Still on the bright side it's a day off today and the sun is shining :)

MONDAY:

* keep on top of washing/ironing

* food mini shop

* £1 land trip

* gether up dds presets ready to wrap :D
  • newgirly
    I thought I'd delete some of the 10k emails I have in my inbox this morning and happened upon a £20 gift voucher for my local shopping centre which was part of a bonus offer on a credit card I have :T

It's been put to use part paying for a couple of dresses for dds birthday, she needs a black tie suitable dress for the cruise and couldn't choose between two, so I bought one and popped back later to get the second as a a surprise, one was £80 down to £20 and is basically a copy of the one in Jessica rabbit :D the second was £80 to £40 , but came up as £25 minus the gift card it cost £5, very happy with that :D

Ordered a ring doorbell too today which can go up when the new door is fitted hopefully next week, should come in handy for listening out when the kids come home late, save getting out of bed!

No ops will be made this month as it's time to pay for the door /kids birthdays etc. instead, I have a spare £150 odd float which I'll keep hold of as I do anticipate a lot of spending coming up in July :o however in the interests of not feeling like a fraud here I've made a £5 op today :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback