PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 24 February 2017 at 5:20PM
    OUT a pack of mince, frozen sweetcorn,peppers,onions and peas.
    IN nothing
  • Last of the chicken nuggets out.

Other chicken breasts marinading for tonight.

Nothing in.
  • Have a wonderful time away jensfeet.

Used the last of the pilaf at lunch and the stew was finished for tea. It'll be a veggie pasta tomorrow for tea and Sunday we're going to mum and dad's, so not much getting used over the weekend sadly. Monday is supposed to be a take away/treaty tea for coming in under budget, and Tuesday is shrove Tuesday and I might just do pancakes as that's all he wants. We used to do savoury ones but I'm not sure I can honestly be bothered! I'll see how I feel on the day.

I have been planning for March though and I have checked the freezer and cupboard first!
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 February 2017 at 10:01PM
    In: nothing
    Out: Gammon steak, pineapple rings, LO HM sweet potato wedges
    Used up: slice of cooked ham, seeded bread roll
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    OUT
    pk of venison mince
    4 slices bread
    also used from cupboard, chickpeas, and tinned toms.
    Everything else came out of fridge and veg plot

IN nothng

Just cleaned out the fridge tonight and sorted it out. I think I have enough cooked meat to last a few days and certainly enough veg.
    Made cauliflower rice tonight, -different, not unpleasant - and it helped with the curry sauce, so I'll be doing it again.
  • Well, I did do a shop for fridge stuff, as I had run out completely of salad, also topped up on some fresh veg.

OUT Soup, veggie burgers, wedges, breakfast muffins
    IN Chips, breakfast muffins, houmous & grapes

Have a lovely w/e everyone.
  • Making soup from l/o cauliflower cheese, bunch of wilting spring onions, out - mixed peppers/cooking bacon bits/bit of red onion/leeks. Bung in soup maker later and hope. Will make enough for 2/3 days. Operation is on agin for March 6th and will be away for a few weeks so using up the fresh I bought after previous cancellation and trying to use up some freezer stuff as I have cooked some ready meals for when I do return home, slightly unable to do much. Freezer tetris on hold I am afraid.
  • Used up lots of stuff today with a big mezze lunch : salad, hm humous, halloumi, felafels, gigantes plaki, pittas. A few leftovers have been lobbed in the fridge but I'll be able to polish those off for lunch on Monday.
  • Used up lots of bits - but 6 portions of veggie bake and 3 mashed potato into the freezer. DH will definitely not be eating the bake but he'll have the mash if I grill some sausages for him.

Tonight we have various curries - a lot of leftovers deliberately so DH has some easy meals.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    In: nothing
    Out: Tin of mushroom soup, piece of baguette, portion beef stew
    Used up: 1/2 of the remaining coleslaw, 1 slightly wrinkly apple
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing