My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Our plans for today didnt happen because DD2 wasn't feeling too well,so we postponed the walk to another day

In the meantime DD1 had messaged me to say she was coming round tomorrow because SIL is working and she didnt have any plans so was going to be stuck at home with the kids all day,I wasn't too happy about this because she only ever bothers with me if she has nothing better to do, if her hubby had been at home I wouldn't have heard a peep, and she only wanted to come here so I would look after DGS 1all day, I then messaged her just now to say I needed to go to pets at home tomorrow ( she has a car so could drive me) and she messaged me back saying she doesn't need to come now because her sister in law has invited them round to her place
    She actually said "I don't need you to babysit now" So she was only coming so I would look after DGS

I'm happy I get the day to do my own thing but I do feel fed up that she never does anything nice with me, she just posted photos on FB saying what a lovely weekend she is having with her in laws ,while all I get is her coming here and sitting on the settee looking at her phone while I run round after DGS ,DD2 says I should say something but I don't know how to even begin

Soo me and DD1 are going to go for our walk tomorrow now instead and I will have to get my bits from my local pet shop another day

I've had a very busy day today though and got loads done,I've even bathed the dog much to her disgust,we are off out to take her for a longer walk than she has been going on in a bit to how she does,she's been on restricted exercise but is putting weight on which won't help her back
    I actually feeling really full of energy today so I'm making the most of it 😄
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Oooh, agree it's well worth making the most of those high energy levels. You do sound more positive & more like your old posts. Glad you're starting to feel better.
    Re your daughter. Yes, I'd also feel a bit like 'the last resort' if there's nothing more exciting on offer, but I'm not sure what you can do about it. I suppose you could just be busy doing things yourself when the babysitting calls come, I don't know. It is a bit cheeky of her.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Onebrokelady
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Oooh, agree it's well worth making the most of those high energy levels. You do sound more positive & more like your old posts. Glad you're starting to feel better.
    Re your daughter. Yes, I'd also feel a bit like 'the last resort' if there's nothing more exciting on offer, but I'm not sure what you can do about it. I suppose you could just be busy doing things yourself when the babysitting calls come, I don't know. It is a bit cheeky of her.
    F x

I am feeling more positive today, I think getting some sleep helps a lot plus the sun has been shining all day and I'm off work until Wednesday, I'm hoping I've cracked it now and will be able to function more normally now

It is a bit cheeky of her and I cant see aw any of sorting it out,DD2 says I should tell her how I feel but I don't want to cause a tow and I don't want to feel like she is doing things with me just because I moaned at her, never mind these things are sent to try us
  • Onebrokelady
    Our plans have changed again for tomorrow, DD2 has been seeing her ex boyfriend over the summer just as friends and he messaged her today asking is we want to go to a local country show, so we are doing that now

I'm quite excited because the Clydesdale horses I rode are going to be there, there seems to be lots to do so I'm looking forward to a nice day out
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,694 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 August 2019 at 8:35AM
    Have a fab day out at the show. I can't think of a solution to your daughter either. Whatever happens, there will be emotions involved and if she does make the effort, then you will wonder if it is just because she feels he has to. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Ooh your DD1. Wonder if she realises how insensitive she is being. Maybe next time you see her you need to mention the Country show and how you had such a nice time with DD2. Sometimes they don’t realise how they are acting. Hope you had a nice time.
    Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • Hope you are ok OBL - missing your posts xx
  • I hope you're okay too OBL and just busy with life. Give us an update when you get a minute so we know how you are :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Hi everyone,I'm so sorry I haven't posted for a while, things have been up and down here and life has been really busy,I'm still battling on with my feelings and lack of motivation, I'm having a good spell this week mentally and I'm hoping this is going to last, my body is not doing as well but that's due to a fall in the garden yesterday,I've now got really painful shoulders, arms and hands so I've had to dose myself up to the max with painkillers today,I was up all night last night which was annoying because I had DGS overnight and he slept like an angel all night, he's gone home now and I've just finished tidying up, I was going to have a nap but anfriend had said she might pop round so I didn't bother just in case,she never arrived so im wishing I had gone to sleep now. Never mind I got the tidying done so won't have to sort it later

I'm hoping I won't feel as bad tomorrow because I'm working,luckily I'm on an early so not a long day,I will finish at 3.30 and then I have a week off,I haven't got anything to report really apart from I am hopefully back on the up and will feel more motivated to float on here

Financially things are bobbing along quite nicely,I have £400 saved up for Xmas so I'm not feeling stressed out about that and my emergency fund is looking good it's payday next week so I'm looking forward to that so I can set a new budget for the month
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Good to see you back OBL :hello:

Sorry to hear you've been so down, and boo to falling over - hope you start to feel better soon and that you can get a good nights sleep tonight, (((hugs)))X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport