PerkTV

loranius
loranius Posts: 1,090 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 December 2015 at 11:37AM in Boost your income
https://www.perk.com/

Please insert discussion about this website here.

i.e. Have you heard of it? Have you used it? Any good?

---

Warning: only limited info in this post:-

There are several apps, one of the more lucrative ones are Perk Pop Quiz where you can leave it running passively on 5 phones to earn points. 1 point if you leave it running by itself, at least 3 points if you can get 3/5 questions correct.

Most people run 5 phones on Perk Pop Quiz and (try lightning mode in settings) and then the next 5 phones on Perk TV.

From info in this post you can only run the Perk apps on a maximum of 5 devices (yes, you can run this on tablets as well as phones)

PS: Just discovered you can go into settings and click lightning rounds so you only get 2 questions per pop quiz.

Comments

• Similar to swagbucks this site offers the same offers except if you have a tablet/ipad/ or smartphone. Five devices allowed per household.

If you have used this service in UK, please comment on what devices worked for you. What offers worked etc
  • Android advert app appears to work well for collecting perk points... Using a HTC One M7.
  • £225 for that phone seems a littlle much
  • I need a phone that works with perktv. Preferably with the battery out and screen off. Or a tablet that does the same. The price needs too be low as well. We don't seem to have the american prices here so I I'm thinking of the chinese offerers.
  • £225 for that phone seems a littlle much

Already had the phone. ;)
    I need a phone that works with perktv. Preferably with the battery out and screen off. Or a tablet that does the same. The price needs too be low as well. We don't seem to have the american prices here so I I'm thinking of the chinese offerers.

I've got a Huawei Y300 sitting in a drawer somewhere so I'll dig it out and see if it plays nice with PerkTV. you can pick them up second hand for nothing.
  • AugustaMB
    AugustaMB Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I used Perk for a couple of months and cashed out £10 PayPal quite quickly. The app worked well on an iPod Touch and my Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile.

I stopped doing it because of the devices. You can run 5 devices at once 24 hours a day. I didn't have 5 but have unlimited fibre optic broadband so ran my iPod continually.

It glitches sometimes so you may well wake up to find it's not been earning for hours and does need checking. Obviously if you run a device constantly it's going to run down the battery and stuff may break, that was why I stopped.

On the plus side they pay very quickly - 2 days and it was in my account on a first claim. They do say they do runs all the time.

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to help if I can. :)
  • loranius
    loranius Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is it the PerkTV app I need to download for this? Or do you have all of them? (I have already run out of space on my Google Nexus 4!)
  • ma-ri-ella
    ma-ri-ella Posts: 980 Forumite
    it would be interesting to find out what is the cheapest device people have got this to run on
    ipad mini is £198
    ipod touch - still over the 100
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • AugustaMB
    AugustaMB Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    loranius wrote: »
    Is it the PerkTV app I need to download for this? Or do you have all of them? (I have already run out of space on my Google Nexus 4!)

Yes it is. Ran very well on everything I tried it with. There's hardly anything that earns points on the full site. Bit of shopping and wall stuff - it's mainly done through the apps.
  • My budget for this is my sb earnings so £50 max which is why I suggested the chinese knockoffs although I am sure I 'll be hit for import duties. I mean £40 for a nexus equivalent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure