Littlefred's bid for mortgage freedom!

Comments

I hope you get some more sleep tattycath!
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • Well I'm still waiting for an email from the new employer that I was supposed to have so I think I'll give them a ring on Monday. Pay day today but I haven't added to the masters fund as I had to pay off the tumble dryer which still isn't here :mad:.

I am however getting a refund from my previous energy supplier of 121.68 and will add it to the fund when it arrives. I had an email from them to say the final bill was ready but according to the website it was ready on the 12th. Why does it take so long to send an email?? Thats 9 more days it could have been sat in my account!!
    Target = April 2025
  • Having spent most of the day yesterday ready gallygirl's two diaries I thought I'd finish reading them at work. However I forgot I had put the distilled water still on and so I managed to flood half the floor so cue 3 hours of mopping :rotfl:
    Target = April 2025
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Having spent most of the day yesterday ready gallygirl's two diaries I thought I'd finish reading them at work. However I forgot I had put the distilled water still on and so I managed to flood half the floor so cue 3 hours of mopping :rotfl:
    Are the 2 events linked :D. Are you mad littlefred :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Yes they are! I turned it on then started to read your diary in another room. Oops.
    Target = April 2025
  • Well I've had a letter to say how much my professional registration is so the extra I have saved is added to the pot. I even managed to get a good few hours sleep despite being woken up by the post man at 12pm for a parcel for a neighbour who I don't particularly like.
    Target = April 2025
  • Well it turns out I had too much sleep yesterday as I saw 6am! I might get up and do some housework soon but lying on the sofa watching carp is much more appealing!
    Target = April 2025
  • Very well done on the new job!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • thanks squirrel
    Target = April 2025
  • Hi LF, I just caught up and read about your excellent job news. Great, well done you.
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure